- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
Exam Specialist - 1 Year Duration
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaThe Role / Responsibilities:
The Exam Specialist's core responsibilities are planning for and delivering on all tasks related to building and publishing examinations and updating, re-versioning and repurposing of items within the Exam Design & Measurement (EDM) department's item bank for the assigned suite of courses. The Exam Specialist's work ensures that the integrity and security of the examination development process and content is maintained across all examination activities.
The Exam Specialist:
- Leads the creation of examination forms for the assigned suite of examinations. This role follows and builds on organizational processes and industry best practices to ensure a high level of integrity, accuracy and quality assurance to result in defensible exam scores and decisions.
- Proactively monitors and maintains the examination item bank and its content by regularly monitoring item inventory and performance, based on statistical analysis, and advising of new content required for maintenance and/or to address challenges.
- Coordinates with the Associate, Exam Design & Measurement unit to develop and adhere to the exam delivery and master schedule to meet delivery standards.
- Coordinates, builds relationships with, and coaches subject-matter experts for the development, review and/or revision of examination content.
- Ensures consistent messaging and use of examination blueprints and weightings internally, and to external sources.
- Coordinates activities with colleagues to achieve departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
- Maintains sound records in current time, and in archive to meet procedural and security standards
The Department / Team:
The Exam Design and Measurement (EDM) department is responsible for the design and development of the majority of end-of-course, certificate and designation summative examinations for programs under the Canadian Securities Institute banner with Moody's Analytics, including all licensing and regulatory examinations for Canada's securities industry on behalf of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) . EDM works closely with partner departments in this development, and with internal and external subject matter experts and consultants to build fair and valid examinations that deliver reliable examination results.
- Post-secondary education is required
- Experience in a test development, education or educational measurement environment will be an asset.
- Understanding of project management and basic quality control processes.
- Strong skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and database applications. Experiences in Sharepoint and database applications will be considered a definite asset.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English, with comparable French skills an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to taking initiative and producing a high level of quality work.
- Able to work toward and meet deadlines. Able to adapt easily in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Highly motivated and solution- and results-oriented individual with a drive for excellence and continuous improvement.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.