Emerging Technology Risk Officer
We are specifically looking for a dynamic, experienced professional to join our growing Information & Technology Risk Management team. You will provide risk-related advisory services in the emerging technology space, to assist with second line of defense partners to effectively identify, evaluate, and manage the broad range of risks, controls, and compliance requirements associated with their development and application of emerging technology. This include Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud solutions, whether developed and operated in-house or provided by 3 rd parties.
You will also be responsible for monitoring emerging technology, assess potential impact and alert management of potential adverse effect on the organization. Key accountabilities:
Work with AI modelling and analytics teams directly; ensures risk and control requirements for AI, machine learning, cloud computing, and emerging technologies are identified and addressed adequately to the GRC framework
Qualifications Knowledge & Skills:
- Provides consulting and risk advisory insight to key stakeholders to address gaps in a timely manner
- Develop advanced tools to monitor and analyze emerging technology, industry risk management practice; report on the trends and keep the organization aware/alert of the new emerging trends
- Work with corporate partners on preventative measures to address potential adverse effects from technology emerging
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, or relevant educational and professional experience
- Strong understanding of information and technology risk in the emerging technology space and ability to effectively communicate information risk and threat topics to executive
- Proven experience in identification and monitoring of emerging and existing information and technology risk themes across the industry
- In-depth knowledge in AI, cloud, innovation and other emerging technology space. Understand the operating models, processes and tools utilized in these teams. Have a good grasp of controls needed to effectively manage risks in these operations.
- Knowledge and experience with frontend visualization and backend analytical tools (HTTP, CSS, Java script, python/R etc.)
- Experience of Agile operating model, or ability to work with teams operating in such model
- 3+ years of technology experience in one or more of the following areas: AI/ML, Data governance, Technology Risk Governance, Operational Risk, Technology Audit, model validation
- Strong understanding of the technology implications of regulations
- Experience with risk management methodologies such as, but not limited to, FAIR
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your re cruiter.