Email Marketing Developer, Digital Factory
Requisition ID: 86969
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about the Digital Factory workspace, our Digital Banking career opportunities, Communities of Practice, and open source projects, check out our microsite: https://digitalfactory.scotiabank.com/
The Email Marketing Developer contributes to the overall success of Digital Marketing in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You will use Adobe Photoshop and Sketch to make any necessary changes to the art files
- Create new and update existing HTML code for emails to be used in large-scale email marketing campaigns
- You troubleshoot and adjust any problematic code from other marketing vendors and provide constructive feedback
- You execute and adhere to quality control procedures and workback schedules for all email campaigns
- You manage lead times with the marketing and other key stakeholders to ensure receipt of all design and data points in a timely fashion
- Make improvements to our batch and triggered email campaigns based on test results and key learnings
- Configure dynamic content elements to create personalized emails at scale using Responsys Personalization Language (RPL)
- You perform initial quality assurance on emails to ensure the logic is functional and that they render correctly on various client / browser combinations
- You conduct competitive research and identify best practices for coding architecture as well as user experiences for all email programs and landing page designs
- You keep up with the latest email marketing and design trends and relay this information to various departments, as needed
- You monitor and ensure compliance with relevant CASL, anti-spam and privacy regulations
What's in it for you?
- HTML, CSS accreditation or four-year degree [Marketing, Design or related field preferred]
- Relevant experience coding emails, including knowledge of responsive design for mobile
- Experience creating and editing emails for delivery with a product such as Responsys, Adobe Campaign or Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Comfortable working directly with HTML email templates using a text-based tool such as Notepad ++ or Adobe Dreamweaver
- Experienced user of Adobe Creative Cloud and solid experience working with Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, and/or animated GIFs is a plus
- Enthusiastic team player who has an exceptionally keen eye for detail
- Data- minded but with an eye for aesthetics
- Comfortable prioritizing tasks and managing multiple strands of work with a willingness to take on additional projects as needed
- Strong understanding of email tools like Litmus and Movable Ink
- Must have strong leadership, organizational, communication, and decision-making skills with a thorough understanding of how to communicate effectively across one to one marketing channels
- Ability to analyze results to help make informed decisions and program enhancements over time
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency in tackling challenges
- High level of professionalism, ability to work calmly in difficult and high-pressure situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Bank, Banking, Developer, Healthcare, Marketing, Finance, Technology