Director, Strategy, EAML
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
Reporting to the VP Strategy & Insights, EAML, you will be responsible for supporting the EAML senior leadership team in the development and advancement of our EAML divisional strategy. You will support the VP in guiding the senior leadership team in establishing our purpose, vision, winning aspiration and defining our strategic roadmap to achieving our goals. As the Director, you will also lead major research efforts to gather reliable and insightful benchmarking data both domestically and globally through establishing effective relationships with industry, regulatory and professional partners. How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Be a Master Researcher - Understand the global and domestic AML environments is critical to formulating the right strategy. Develop detailed and insightful benchmarks of both peer and global financial institutions. Benchmarking will cover a range of topics from investigative processes, team sizes, length and depth of investigations, use of advanced analytical methods in transaction monitoring and client screening, methods of organizing oversight in a global operation, technology platforms and more.
- Be Trusted Partner and Facilitator - Defining and delivering strategic initiatives requires bringing many stakeholders together. Establish yourself as a trusted partner who connects across the group. Gain buy in to the path forward, demonstrate a sincere understanding of individual challenges and effectively steward resources and senior stakeholder attention towards the right areas to focus. Support in a collaborative way to drive our strategic plan forward.
- Be Focused on the Big Picture. Lead the exploration of major strategic thinking on top of mind challenges and opportunities. Lead Inter-FI discussions on AML as Utility, establish partnerships with FINTRAC and Law Enforcement exploring the core value proposition for major reporters, conceptualize how we organize our function in a globalizing bank.
- Be Programmatic - Establish a program that keeps the strategic plan alive, progress measured, and issues and challenges actively discussed and solved. Strategic plans and goals are all too often conceived of, declared, and then forgotten as the day to day fires steal the groups' attention away from the agreed major areas of focus. Refresh the plan on a given frequency and ensure the message is effectively communicated across the stakeholder groups and up through the appropriate senior leadership and to our regulatory stakeholders as needed. Create an environment of openness and transparency across the sponsors to ensure that stakeholders and senior management have a clear and appropriate view of our progress at all times.
What CIBC Offers
- You can demonstrated experience in strategic planning, consulting, or product ownership over a progressive 8 - 10 years in a corporate environment. You have had exposure to facilitating leadership teams toward setting and achieving their strategic goals. It is an asset if you have worked in the Financial Industry and have previous experience / exposure to Anti-money Laundering in a strategy or consulting capacity. Kindly note that this is an individual contributor role with no direct reports currently however will be supported with resources from the broader Strategy & Insights team as initiatives warrant
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You are a problem solver. You possess solid judgment and problem-solving skills in order to provide input and advice to senior management for best compliance and risk management solutions.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You love to learn. You're passionate about growing your knowledge, and you know that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
351 King St East, 10th Floor Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours