Director Private Assets, Product Management & Innovations, Global Asset Management, Toronto
Requisition ID: 73328
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Scotia Global Asset Management is looking for a talented individual to take the lead developing the overall Private Assets product and platform strategy. This seasoned individual will act as the initial Private Assets subject matter expert for 1832 Asset Management and its related business partners across Global Wealth Management. Expert industry knowledge, product structure and distribution experience across private equity, debt, real estate and infrastructure will be essential to being successful in this position.
This is a complex and technical role involving product structures that impact Scotiabank's valued clients. Broad senior engagement across Global Asset Management and Wealth Management Executives is required. We are looking for an individual who has transformative insights, innovative solutions, someone who is a thought leader and who can drive tangible outcomes.
The successful incumbent should possess the following:
- 10+ years experience in Asset Management with specific focus on Global Investment Funds & Private Assets as well as previous track record defining & delivering world class strategies
- Extensive and thorough knowledge of the global investment funds business and the private assets industry from a product, taxation, legal and compliance perspective
- Extensive understanding of the available distribution channel opportunities for Private Asset products
- Undergraduate degree
- Professional designation (e.g. LLB, CPA) is considered an asset
- Superior decision-making, strategic influencing, and leadership skills, to help develop and execute on the Private Assets initiative
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to build credibility and trust with colleagues and clients and communicate ideas effectively
- Strong strategic thinking and results-focused competencies
- Strong relationship management skills, both internally and externally
- Strong presentation and marketing skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Manager, Bank, Banking, Developer, Equity, Management, Finance, Technology