Director, Identity and Access Management
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses - Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking - we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC's Lines of Business, please visit our website .
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance - so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes , community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com . Job Overview
As Director, Identity & Access management, you will join CIBC's Information Security department to continue our journey of building and evolve the enterprise-wide Identity and Access Management programs, while also managing the day-to-day Governance team. What You'll Be Doing
What We're Looking For
- Provide strategic thought leadership, building and regularly updating the bank's enterprise vision and roadmap related to the IAM program at CIBC.
- Ensuring the IAM program at CIBC is effectively governed in order to maximize security and mitigate risk.
- This role manages both full time and contingent workers in both a governance and project environment.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with important internal stakeholders across the
- Drive and support continuous improvement of the capabilities related to the IAM discipline
- Manage the day-to-day governance including all Human Resources and people management responsibilities for a team of up to 15 individuals.
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC's values of trust, team work, and accountability.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal, with proven presentation skills.
- Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience in an information security role. Experience in a software development, application security, and/or data security role is highly desired.
- Must have at least 5+ years management experience.
- Successful candidate will possess some or all of the following assets:
- Experience building or leading an enterprise Identity & Access Management program,
- Successful people management
- Experience building and maintaining strategies
- Capability to drive Governance behaviors, building and maintaining processes and supporting metrics, supporting audit expectations
- Strategic thinker with a track record of delivering impactful results.
- Past experience working for a large financial institution.
- Strong Relationship and influencing skills
- Experience working at the senior management and executive levels
What You Need To Know
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition , Learning & Development , and Employee Community Involvement
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
What You Need to Know
- Prior to starting in this role, security checks, including a criminal record check must be successfully completed to the satisfaction of CIBC. An annual criminal record check may also be required
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-33 Yonge Street, 3rd Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours