Director, Executive Talent Acquisition - Toronto ON
Requisition ID: 79254
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Recruitment Delivery team in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Works closely with the Leadership COE, Business HR and Business Executives to identify requirements for executive recruitment and manages process for global executive recruitment including sourcing and hiring activities
- Leads the development of executive recruitment process that enables an excellent candidate experience.
- Develops external sourcing strategy by developing relationships with external candidate pipelines and engages executive search firms to supplement executive recruitment
- Manages escalated and complex issues (e.g. business related questions and complexities with certain hiring scenarios) and ensure recruitment activities are delivered in compliance with legislative requirements
- Leads executive recruitment working with executives on complex, specialized executive roles.
- Manages complex compensation negotiations with candidates and engages Total Rewards as required
- Leads the end-to-end candidate experience; acts as a point of contact and builds influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Sources and attracts executive level candidates through various channels and builds a pipeline of candidates for executive pool.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Expertise using and implementing strong recruitment practices for executive recruitment
- Exceptional communications, influencing and relationship building skills
- Experience working in complex and/or large companies
- Experience working with aligned business/function/geography
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically and cultivate networks and relationships
- Post-secondary degree or diploma preferred
- Bilingual communication skills in French and/or Spanish is an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Manager, Bank, Banking, HR, Recruiting, Management, Finance, Human Resources