Director Derivatives Trading Technologies
Requisition ID: 74459
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
We are looking for a visionary leader to help the Bank architect, and implement a substantial modernization program of the Banks's OTC derivative trading platform. The incumbent will lead the complex technology programs which consist of multiple IT projects for multiple business partners and stakeholders, across multiple business units. They will drive the vision, strategy and lead a team of about 40 developers, analysts, project managers through all parts of the software development cycle.
The incumbent will have at least 5-7 years of leadership experience and 10 plus years of progressive IT experience with strong leadership and technical capabilities and must thrive on challenge,
He or she must be proactive and dynamic, and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn. Key Accountabilities:
Supports and leads a team of IT professionals (direct and indirect reports) and is responsible for systems analysis, application software, programming and support in addition to leading a team to provide
- Technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
- Negotiates IT project requirements (i.e. deadlines, budgets, resources, etc.).
- Manages communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Builds and maintains a strong working relationship with peers both within technology and across our business lines.
- Participates in budgeting processes and quality improvement activities for the department.
- Accountable for managing assigned project and/or departmental budgets.
- Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner, are in compliance with IT Technology Roadmap and has an indepth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing software projects and programs.
- Indepth knowledge of OTC derivatives domain. Experience with Fixed Income derivatives, and market risk, including pricing and valuations would be desirable.
- Operations of existing system including ensuring timeline delivery of results, maintaining SLA targets and improving stability and reliability.
- Leads and drives an engineering culture throughout their team.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment.
- Communicate vision/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team
- Deepens client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Envisions and manages the development and implementation of innovative applications using emerging technologies which leverage existing business and create new business opportunities for the Bank.
- Ensure the timely development and implementation of multiple applications and IT solutions - involving multiple systems, multiple dependencies and multiple stakeholders/business partners - where solutions cross business lines and customer segments.
- Directs day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank's risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits.
- Meet obligations with respect to operational risk and regulatory compliance.
- Experience designing and developing large complex systems.
- Experience in software development working with Microservices, Cloud, and DevOps is desired.
- Process knowledge and experience in scheduling, resource allocation, risk management and systems design.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and project management
- Possess excellent analytical and problem resolution skills.
The incumbent will have a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, OR equivalent work experience .
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Manager, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Developer, Management, Finance, Engineering, Technology