Director - Relationship Management (Toronto)
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
Using discretion and judgment, the Director - Relationship Management will act as relationship manager for MFS institutional clients in Ontario. You will develop and maintain a close and direct relationship with institutional clients to ensure client satisfaction and serve as a trusted advisor. The Director will communicate client requirements within MFS and proactively anticipate client needs through thoughtful dialogue and engagement and educate clients on industry trends and MFS capabilities to retain and grow client assets. Principal Responsibilities
- Act as primary contact for clients regarding all aspects of the relationship with MFS. Maintain, expand, and communicate knowledge of client needs, concerns, and overall satisfaction with MFS through frequent contact (e.g., direct, written, and verbal). Provide same services to client consultants, as necessary.
- Anticipate and develop opportunities to expand and strengthen the client relationship. Maintain strong understanding of clients' evolving investment needs and proactively provide appropriate solutions. Involve other MFS colleagues as necessary in this process.
- Educate clients through relevant MFS thought leadership pieces and multi-disciplinary capabilities of MFS; keep clients informed of product/organizational enhancements, and relevant industry information and developments in financial markets.
- Develop and maintain client action plans that include an overview of the relationship (e.g., opportunities for growth, business at-risk status), key contacts, client strategic priorities, and specific activities the relationship manager intends to take to execute on these plans.
- Deepen institutional support at the client organization by developing additional executive contacts other than those directly involved in the relationship and make MFS expertise on relevant subjects available to the client as appropriate.
- Anticipate risks to client relationships, take steps to protect them, and keep MFS regional and global management teams apprised. Explore opportunities to broaden the client relationship through introduction to key MFS colleagues, as appropriate (e.g., Investment team, Investment Solutions Group). Monitors and prioritize access to resources including the investment team and senior management.
- Serve as the primary client advocate when interacting with other MFS teams (i.e., Client Service, Investment, Legal, Accounting, Compliance) to ensure that client needs are being met at all levels.
- Oversee all aspects of client meeting preparation with internal teams, execution, and follow-up.
- Keep appropriate parties (i.e., Sales, Marketing, Portfolio Management, MFSI Management) abreast of client needs and developments to ensure that goals are met.
- Work with Investment Team to ensure investment presentations meet client needs.
- Responsible for client visits to MFS offices (i.e., due diligence meeting, review meetings, etc.).
- Work with transition team to smoothly establish new relationships.
- Support initiatives associated with client conferences and firm sponsored events.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required, post-graduate education in a related area preferred, with a minimum ten (10) years' institutional investment-related experience with at least five (5) years 'experience in direct client-relationship capacity.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation required.
- Demonstrated capabilities in developing and nurturing institutional client relationships, particularly from within an institutional investment management or consulting firm.
- Previous experience working with institutional fixed income clients.
- Knowledge of domestic and foreign financial markets and products required.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment across a variety of operating functions globally at MFS, and to travel as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based communication and CRM tools (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Salesforce)
- Appropriate Canadian Registration (Advising representative or Associate Advising Representative.)
MFS Investment Management Canada is committed to an inclusive and equitable workplace. We value the diversity of people, culture, and ideas. MFS Investment Management Canada's equal opportunity and diversity practices draw upon highly talented and skilled people whose individual competencies and creativity are recognized and appreciated. We believe we must attract, develop, and retain the best and brightest individuals from all segments of the population in order to attain business objectives.
We are dedicated to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise if you require accommodations, so your accessibility needs are met during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."