Development Lead - Java with ETF Trading Technology
Requisition ID: 86716
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose of Job:
The Quantitative Trading Solutions group develops and operates Scotiabank's equity algorithmic trading systems, portfolio trading applications, ETF market-making operations and related technology systems. Our team works very closely with the front office, providing an opportunity to contribute at every level and have a direct impact on the operations of the business.
We are seeking a talented software developer to join our fast-paced team and contribute to a range of projects, with a focus on ETF trading, market making and analytics. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of ETF trading and take a leadership role. Key Accountabilities:
The position will be a primary technical resource for the ETF development team. Key responsibilities are:
- Design and implement the analytics and automation platform for the ETF Services business.
- Collaborate with the trading desk to design & develop systems to improve business efficiency.
- Design develop and test applications required for data integration, position tracking and ETF trading.
- Perform support of production trading systems to troubleshoot and quickly resolve any issues or questions.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of ETF trading strategies, technology and market structure.
- Provide technical leadership to the team by designing functional technology solutions.
- Organize development effort into tasks and coordinate with other developers and teams
- Provide coaching to the team to achieve high team cohesion.
Strong programming background, ideally including developing real-time, event-driven applications.
- Algorithm design and trouble-shooting skills.
- Hands on with development tools and languages such as Java, Spring boot, Python, Angular 2+, SQL
- Deployment experience with Maven, BitBucket, Jenkins and Artifactory.
- Background in FIX, market data, trading systems and market microstructure would be beneficial.
- Effective written & verbal communication skills to bridge between technical content and business objectives
- Experience working on agile development teams.
- Experience with development of the technology architecture to support quantitative and trading products
- STEM Post-secondary degree (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Financial education and/or demonstrated capital markets experience is an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Java, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Technology, Finance, Engineering