Derivatives Support Lead
What is the opportunity?
We are seeking a highly flexible and self-motivated lead for the fast paced work environment in Capital Markets FI Derivative Application Support. You are a self-starter able to multitask between different support issues. This position will assist onboarding of new applications, problem investigation/follow-up, new functionality and working with onsite-offshore team members. You will coordinate with upstream and downstream systems support, process monitoring, working on releases, liaison with business users and work towards minimizing the adverse impact of application outages/Incidents. You should also be owning problem management process and work towards minimizing the adverse impact of application outages/Incidents and preventing reoccurrence of Incidents. What will you do?
- Ensure highest quality of support for Fixed Income Clients and Derivatives applications for Trading and Risk management systems.
What do you need to succeed? Must Have:
- Work with business users from Counterparty Risk Trading (CRT) and Rates Derivatives Trading desks; Liaise with internal development teams and external vendors to resolve support issues of Fixed Income Derivative applications.
- Lead/manage critical FO applications which has 24x7 uptime; Pro-actively prepare for planned maintenance over weekends, DR exercise and all major roll-outs.
- Application usage optimization and Contributing in a timely manner to procedures. Actively contributing to effective knowledge management and sharing of information within the team and department.
- Demonstrate strong leadership of team, quick coordination of resources to resolve IT production incidents; Ensure logging of support incidents, hold Problem Review Meetings (PRMs) and track action items to closure.
- Implement adaptation of tools to reduce manual burden on support/business teams and constantly looking for automation.
- Provide regular updates and status to all stakeholders on open issues; Provide feedback to senior management to improve enterprise process; Provide subject matter experience and guidance to team members.
- Ensures systems delivered to production environments meet enterprise quality requirements. Facilitate rollout of software components in production.
- 10+ years of experience in IT. Good knowledge of Capital Markets including Fixed Income Products (Derivatives/Structured Products)
- Prior experience in implementing and supporting large-scale production systems and experience of working with Global Support team with onsite - offshore model.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income trading activities (Pricing, contributions & STP), market data feeds and knowledge of applications such as Markitwire, Bloomberg, Murex, and other Derivative risk systems is highly desirable; Good knowledge of FI Structured Derivatives products and Counterparty Risk Trading.
- Good Knowledge of Job scheduler/monitoring tools (Control M, Geneos)
- Hand-on experience to support MQ, SOLACE and RV/RMDS, Vertica, Sybase, MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS; Knowledge of Windows and UNIX environment, Programming in Python/Perl; Knowledge of BI Tools(Tableau)
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge in Elastic Search, Release Management Tools (Ansible, Jenkins).
- Experience in DevOps and cloud technology (AWS, GCP).
- Understanding of ITIL processes.
Role involves regular escalation and coordination activities over evenings and weekends What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients