Database Administrator - (Oracle/ SQL/ Linux/ Windows/ DevOps)
The Database Administrator is a technical subject matter expert. The Database Administrator is accountable for ensuring ongoing Information Technology (IT) health by creating and evolving the technical design to support current and foreseeable changes, due to new technical or business requirements. The Database Administrator shares expertise with project/work teams and identifies, analyzes, implements, and/or supports a design framework for building the technology. ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Key areas of focus include assessing costs, workload tracking, and resource management
• Analysis of technical designs and develop appropriate database solutions based on our standards
• Reviews tactical and strategic plans and assesses the feasibility and technical risk of incorporating a given architecture or solution into the internal technology environment and communicates the findings to management and/or project/work teams to assist with decision-making
• Provides design, development and support database platform estimates to management and/or project/work teams that are used in determining business initiative feasibility and priorities
• Reviews database design documents for new business/technical initiatives (e.g., High Level Requirements Document [HLRD] and High Level System Design Document [HLSD]) received from other Technical Specialists, Business Technology Specialists, and Project Managers to ensure quality, completeness, and adherence to our technology standards
• Provides technical database platform expertise to management and project/work teams, including the areas of governance methodologies and processes, for purposes of ensuring the architecture and solutions are consistent with the solution design framework, Enterprise/industry standards, and the BMO strategic direction
• Partners with our development partners and collaborates with other organizations (e.g., TD, Networks, and Information Security) to recommend a database solution to the system non-functional requirements (e.g., Service Level Agreement [SLA] monitoring, audit controls, reporting, and security)
• Network with vendors and peers in external IT organizations, through user groups, in order to remain current with emerging technologies to satisfy the Enterprise's needs
• Provides technical coaching to team members on design patterns, development processes, and other IT processes in order to improve their technical skills Qualifications Knowledge:
• 5- 7 years' experience in the IT industry
• Possesses a university degree/college diploma
• Possesses solid experience working with Oracle, SQLServer, Postgres and Sybase database platforms running on both Redhat Linux and Windows platforms
• Demonstrated solid hands on experience working with Oracle Active Dataguard, Oracle RAC, RMAN, SQLServer Always ON & Postgres Replication as HA & DR DB solutions
• Demonstrated experience working on performance tuning and data/database recovery scenarios in a high paced environment supporting business critical applications
• Demonstrated strong experience working with compliance (SOX, Basel, OSFI etc) and audit (BUCO) issues for the DB platforms
• Demonstrated experience working with central logging solutions such as Splunk & ELK for DB logs
• Solid experience with enterprise database backups solutions such as TSM & DDBoost OR similar
• Solid experience with enterprise monitoring tools such as SCOM OR similar
• Solid working knowledge of ITIL standard tools such as ServiceNow & standard SDLC processes
• Solid knowledge of how software currency & support lifecycle works for database platforms
• Solid working knowledge of SQL, T-SQL, Shell and PowerShell scripting
• Familiarity with DevOps & collaboration toolset such as Ansible Tower, JIRA, GiT, Confluence & Sharepoint
• Familiarity with system concepts, windows clustering & storage replication solutions NICE TO HAVE
• Netezza, Greenplum, Hadoop & MongoDB administration experience
• Knowledge of Cloud Technologies & Automation Skills:
• Possesses solid relationship management, communication, and coaching skills.
• Possesses advanced technical skills and is able to learn and apply new skills quickly
• Possesses advanced relationship management, communication, and coaching skills
• Possesses solid leadership skills
• Possesses solid facilitation and conflict management skills
• Demonstrates solid people management and negotiation skills
• Displays advanced decision making and analytical skills LOCATION:
First Canadian Place Building at 100 King St.
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.