Data Governance Specialist - (Cloud / AWS / Kinesis / Kafka)
The Data Governance Specialist
accountable for the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of various data governance and data quality initiatives in support of the Lines of Business strategies. Some Specific Functions of this Role:
Establish, implement and manage data governance and data management standards, policies, procedures and processes for Metadata and Data Quality Management. Monitor adherence to data policies across the organization to ensure availability of high-quality data, consultative and subject matter expertise, ensuring all users of data understand policies, procedures and standards. Assesses the data quality and monitors data quality health Interfaces with senior management and contributes towards ongoing data quality improvement initiatives Collaborates with other technology stakeholders to ensure that the data policies, procedures, standards/processes are consistent where possible and align with enterprise standards. Participates in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as appropriate Contributes to successful completion of project deliverables Provides support to team members and application Provides some support for production and non-production environments Qualifications Knowledge and Skills:
• Minimum 5 years of experience in supporting enterprise wide data governance including measuring/monitoring data quality, recommending improvements in data
• Experience and knowledge of data governance in a cross-functional environment of multiple data sources/repositories
• Ability to recommend improvements in data management process and technology solutions to ensure user requirements are met.
• Solid understanding of SDLC and QA requirements
• Possesses solid analytical skills for complex problem solving. Is able to manage multiple priorities.
• Self-starter, ability to adapt and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new/different applications.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Solid communication skills both written and verbal
• Good understanding of emerging technologies
• University degree or college diploma in Computer Science
• Financial Services industry experience or related is an asset Technical Skills:
• Expertise in data governance and data quality experience using industry standard tools
• Expertise in Event driven SOA and/or EAI applications and ability to translate business needs into technical requirements.
• Expert knowledge in Kafka, Confluent platforms
• Solid experience of data streaming using AWS Kinesis and Kafka
• Thorough experience on Cloud platforms
• Solid knowledge JSON and modern integration frameworks LOCATION:
Yonge & Sheppard We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.