Cyber Security Engineer
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD Engineering covers a broad range of exercises and initiatives including requirements gathering, design specification, industry analysis, vendor engagement and analysis, software development, project management, financial management, test plans and execution, and operational standards implementation. Our highly-coveted Engineers are interspersed amongst many areas of focus: innovation, design, execution, maintenance, strategy, portfolio management. We call all of these things incredible learning opportunities and no two assignments are ever the same. There's room to grow in all of it Job Description We are looking for someone to perform a broad range of activities while working alongside and supporting others on the Engineering team. You'll be involved in developing components of solutions with a focus on analytics, support, testing, and proof-of-concepts aligned to business and technology objectives. Think career growth potential! Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
Requirements What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Develop new solutions for engineering programs and projects and may also develop prototypes and proof-of-concepts aligned to business needs.
- Participate in the conceptual and logical engineering designs for assigned portfolio.
- Analyze technical requirements to recommend pragmatic and sound engineering specific solutions for your own area.
- Work with other stakeholders to ensure engineering solutions meet technical direction, requirements, performance, time-to-market and innovation goals.
- Contribute enterprise and business line engineering strategies and mandates.
- Respond to routine or standard requests from internal and external customers.
- Understand relationships between work processes and the business and ensure awareness of costs related to own work.
- Monitor product life cycles, ensuring specifications and functionality support business objectives and engineering decisions, undertaking re-development where required.
- Document and verify system components, applications, system infrastructure, security, integration, operability and engineering related architecture designs associated with a program or project.
- Participate in quality management reviews, in particular reviews of the designs, prototypes and other requirements work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements.
- Develop as-built program activities to establish detail needed using configuration management processes.
- Provide support to ensure accuracy of drawings and other technical baseline documents.
Additional Information EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- University or Post-Graduate Degree.
- Strong academic background (e.g., computer science, engineering).
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of specific domain or various engineering frameworks, technology, tools, processes and procedures, as well as organizational issues.
- Sound knowledge of TD applications, systems, networks, innovation, design activities, best practices, overall business, standards.
- In-depth experience, knowledge and skills in your own discipline.
- Can prioritize and manage own workload (under management guidance) to deliver quality results and meet timelines.
- Solve moderately complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
KEY TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- University or post-graduate degree
- Strong academic background (e.g., computer science, engineering)
- 3-5+ years relevant experience in the IT infrastructure engineering domain with at least 2 years related to tooling of security controls and platforms
- Experience in the financial vertical (especially large tier 1/2 banks) is desirable
Desirable Experiences and Skills
- Full OSI stack understanding and experience in network controls:
- L3/L4 technologies - routers, switches and DDoS prevention tools and the role they play in securing network traffic
- L7 - Application layer protocols and how to secure traffic associated with L7 applications (HTTP and APIs for web applications)
- Functional knowledge of the role of Firewalls in securing and segmenting network zones and traffic.
- Intermediate understanding of application proxies such as F5, specifically in load balancing and securing traffic between Origin servers and Cloud based services
- Deploying/ Operating advanced network tools such as packet sniffers, Network Intrusion Detection/Protection platforms and similar.
Additional Information Inclusiveness At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Hours
- Scripting / Programming Skills: Python, REST API integration
- Experience with CDN or Content Delivery Networks, WAF or Web Application Networks (i.e. Verizon, Akamai, etc.)
- Web application development, especially with integration with Mobile apps and in Financial Space.
- Site Reliability Engineering experience a plus.
- DevOps/DevSecOps backgrounds
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.