- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 18
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaThe Role / Responsibilities:
The Courseware Specialist ensures that online courses are available for the organization, its learners and its corporate clients, specifically by:
- Partnering with internal teams to produce high quality eLearning content (attention to detail).
- Developing and maintaining eLearning content from content storyboards using XML (and XML content templates) and/or authoring tools such as, Captivate, Articulate and other tools.
- Collaborating with other members of the Content Development team to brainstorm, problem solve and troubleshoot courses as required when issues arise.
- Building learning activities, quizzes and assessments both within and external to the Learning Management Systems (LMSs).
- Work with Subject Matter Experts/Course Leads, Project/Program Managers to determine content work packages and efforts to establish delivery dates/timelines.
- Documenting processes and procedures around the creation of legacy and new online products, their updates plus their regular revisions.
- Assist with managing administrative capabilities within the LMSs, i.e. course setups, migrations and decommissioning.
- Create, implement and test Scorm Packages/Wrappers as required.
- Design and develop elements for Scorm Compliance courses and keep them up to date.
The Department / Team:
Moody's Analytics, a division of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), is the world's leading provider of credit analysis and related tools, including quantitative credit risk models, credit analysis software, portfolio management analytics, economic research, financial data, pricing and valuation services, and specialized consulting services. Moody's Analytics also distributes investor-oriented research and data developed by Moody's Investors Service as part of its rating process, including in-depth research on major debt issuers, industry studies, and commentary on topical events. The Moody's Analytics Financial Services Training and Certification business in Canada operates as the Canadian Securities Institute, the leading provider in Canada of financial learning, credentials and certification.
This position requires a strong academic background - gained either through formal education and courses, or through work experience. A knowledge base extending from technical background, quality standards processes, through the most current desktop applications is required.
- Post-secondary education in learning technology, or related field.
- Diploma or certification in adult education would be an asset.
This position requires 2 - 4 years of experience in the following:
- Working in adult education environment developing e-learning
- Developing adult learning or training programs
- Knowledge of Scorm 1.2 and 2004, AICC, Tin Can
- Writing in HTML and HTML5
- Knowledge in authoring tools such as Captivate, Articulate and other tools.
- Experience using Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Experienced working with different LMS systems such as BlackBoard and can quickly learn and adapt to new ones
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and projects to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to visually organize content for learning purposes using materials gathered from Subject Matter Experts
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Mobile experience (an asset)
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.