Compliance Business Oversight Manager
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think \u0022TD\u0022 if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview The TD Wealth Compliance Department provides compliance advisory and second line oversight of TD Wealth businesses, including: TD Waterhouse Canada (an IIROC registrant that includes Private Investment Advice, Financial Planning, and Direct Investing), Private Investment Counsel (an OSC registrant), TD Asset Management (an OSC registrant), TD Investment Services (an MFDA registrant), Private Trust, and Private Banking. Key functions within the unit include the Chief Compliance Officers and their teams for each business line, Testing, Surveillance, Regulatory Investigations & Client Complaint Resolution, and marketing reviews. A multi-disciplinary team of compliance professionals supports these activities. Given the range of businesses supported, and the breadth of applicable regulations, the day-to-day work of the group is both interesting and complex, requiring compliance and wealth management subject matter expertise. The team has an immediate need for a Compliance Business Oversight Manager to support the Compliance Regulatory Change Management Team. Job Description
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Regulatory Change Management, the Compliance Business Oversight Manager provides objective guidance, support and advice to the Wealth businesses in understanding and implementing the changing regulatory/compliance
requirements to promote strong compliance controls and processes to mitigate inherent associated risks in line with the Bank's risk philosophy and strategic direction.
The Compliance Business Oversight Manager accountabilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Identify new and changing laws, regulations and regulatory policies applicable to TD Wealth's lines of business, working with partners in Legal, Privacy and AML as required to interpret potential impacts, conduct risk assessments and assign ratings, and identify necessary operational changes.
- Communicate regulatory changes to a broad array of stakeholders, including Compliance, Governance & Control and Legal, to affected business units and functions, and provide appropriate compliance advice and guidance.
- Manage high risk regulatory change management projects, track progress and advise management and other key stakeholders of status of initiatives, including escalating issues in a timely manner where projects may face challenges (e.g. deadlines, resources etc.)
- Lead in the preparation of comment letters to regulators for proposed changes to existing or new regulations
- Prepare summaries, presentation, briefing notes, and any other required documentation to effectively report on the status or regulatory changes
- Actively manage relationships with internal and external business partners/stakeholders, corporate and/or control functions to develop productive working relationships and alignment with enterprise and/or regulatory requirements.
- Represent Compliance on internal or external committees relating to regulatory change.
- Keep current on emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements and grow knowledge of the business, related tools and techniques.
- Deliver relevant subject matter expertise and Compliance advice to business management.
- Identify and assist in the development and implementation of appropriate Compliance policies and procedures and controls, including maintaining and modernizing the regulatory libraries, compliance manuals and other key documents to support an effective compliance program.
- Contribute to the Compliance and business self-assessments, reports and executive, Board or committee reports.
- Contribute to team development of skills and capabilities through mentorship of others, by sharing knowledge and experiences.
- Provide document management leadership in support of the Wealth Compliance program, develop and carry out an efficient documentation, support policy and procedures development and filing system
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum seven years' work experience in the financial services industry and related fields e.g. compliance, risk, legal, audit
- Knowledge of risk management environment, standards and regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Skill in using computer applications including Microsoft Office
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency in PowerPoint
- Exceptional organization and document management skills
- Ability to work independently, apply critical and strategic thinking to issues and make timely decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships
- Skill in mentoring and coaching
- Proactive and flexible to work in a changing environment
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.