Commercial Banking Middle Market Banking Leader
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
This role to be utilized in select markets. Responsible for originating new business, servicing existing clients, and managing Commercial Banking relationship managers in the Middle Market segment within the region of Eastern Canada (Ontario, Quebec and Maritimes). The Middle Market banking sector is generally defined as companies with revenues between $50MM and $1B across most industries.
- Collaborating with the Market Executive in developing annual business plans and directing the group in execution of these plans;
- Actively participating in the completion of major transactions; close
- Coordination with the portfolio management team on credit review and loan workout functions to ensure appropriate risk management.
- Oversees the delivery of a one Commercial Banking experience by coordinating RMs in all segments across the market or specialty industry.
- May direct the business of originating credit related products, treasury management products, and investment banking/capital markets products.
- Partners with RM's in other wholesale banking segments across the regional market or specialty industry to deliver a one Commercial Banking experience to our clients.
- Partners with other product partners including but not limited to FX, Interest Rate Risk, Wealth, Equipment Finance, CIB, and Merchant Card to attract and retain customers with an appropriate credit risk and operational risk lens to grow revenue and profits.
- Close collaboration and engagement with the Portfolio Management team while still maintaining ownership of the risk.
- Coordinates with the service teams to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Exercises the usual authority of a manager in identifying and acquiring key talent, training, motivating and developing team members.
- Instrumental in ensuring that all Canadian regional risk, compliance and legal requirements are abided by.
Market Skills and Certifications Minimum Qualifications:
- 8+ years of commercial banking relationship management experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Commercial credit experience involving commercial or specialty group relationship portfolio credit Extensive knowledge and understanding of credit policy, compliance, and underwriting requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial or specialty group banking products, and the credit practices/operating risks associated with them Ability to motivate others to greater performance
- Proven success at developing new business and converting prospects to customers
- Ability to successfully exceed goals with a results focus
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of management experience
- French language skills preferable
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.