Cloud Infrastructure Architect
Requisition ID: 81400
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The team
Global Technology Services (GTS) Architecture ensures that systems and infrastructure patterns, principals, frameworks, and standards are designed and implemented to support Scotiabank's business requirements. We support short- and medium-term business and technology initiatives, but also focuses on the Bank's 3- to 5-year technology roadmap, facilitating innovation and adoption of next generation technologies. We collaborate with Enterprise Architecture, other GTS teams, and business technology stakeholders, connecting subject matter experts with business, information, domain and solution architects. The team promotes global technology consistency and a set of fully aligned technical strategies, roadmaps, and designs. The role
Reporting to the Director of IT Infrastructure Architecture & Automation, you'll contribute to the overall success of the Cloud GTS Architecture team ensuring specific individual goals, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. You will also ensure all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The primary work location of this position can be in the King Street West/Bathurst Street neighbourhood or in the Dundas Street West/Highway 427 neighbourhood, with the ability to travel to the downtown Toronto core & between the 2 work sites. Regardless of work location, you will be working with colleagues and constituents across the Scotiabank footprint. Collaboration technologies such as Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Skype for Business will be at your disposal to connect with Scotiabankers around the globe. There may be occasional travel required to Scotiabank IT centres outside of Canada (Mexico, Peru, Chile and Colombia). Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Provide technical documentation and information for complex solution, work with GTS teams to propose new enhancements and new architecture design proposals.
- Participate in technology Architecture Review Boards (ARB) to review and recommend proposed solutions.
- Identify and Analyze Infrastructure architecture gaps to propose new technologies required. Establish pilots and POVs for proposed solutions and make recommendations to the decision-making architecture review boards for approvals.
- You will work with the GTS Architectural Governance team to capture and document standards, infrastructure patterns, principals, and frameworks in a consistent and clear format. While ensuring quality, accuracy, and currency of the standards within the reference library are aligned with Business and GTS needs.
- Engage with existing and new vendors to review solutions for operational challenges and evaluate new products to adapt in GTS products roadmaps
What's in it for you?
- You have at least 5 years of progressive technical working experience in Infrastructure Architecture ; along with at least 3 years of technical working experience in Cloud Infrastructure solutioning.
- You have at least 5 years of hands-on technical working experience with Systems Virtualization, Operating Systems support (Linux and Windows preferred) and Databases.
- You have at least 3 years of hands-on technical working experience with Automation, Orchestration & Scripting.
- You possess very good communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills in English to effectively interact with all levels of management & audiences, business and/or technical. The same in Spanish is a definite asset .
- You can lead and contribute to highly complex initiatives that require an in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- You have a post-secondary education in Computer Science or technical equivalence.
- We are technology partners who help the business transform & adapt new technologies.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We also foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- You will have access to leading edge technology documentation and vendor learning materials.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
King West/Bathurst worksite:
- Location is located steps from TTC's King 504 streetcar stop, which gets you from TTC's Line 1 subway stops at King or St. Andrew stations, and its connection to GO Transit/VIA Rail hub at Union Station.
- This location is also located steps from TTC's 511 Bathurst streetcar stop, which is a transfer point from TTC's Line 2 subway stop at Bathurst station.
- If you really want to drive to work, it's minutes away from the Gardiner Expressway / Lakeshore Boulevard West.
- You have card access to The Commons, a dining space at Scotia Plaza for employees where breakfast & lunch are served. Also, The Bean serves hot/cold beverages & snacks.
- Our location has a lunch room with TV screens, fridges, microwaves & vending machines. It's also in a dynamic & flourishing neighbourhood that is home to many nearby top Toronto restaurants/bars & fast-food options. Nearby amenities include a running club, florist, pharmacy, convenience stores, supermarket, LCBO, coffee shops.
West Mall worksite
- Location is minutes by the TTC's 123 or 112 bus from Kipling subway station on Line 2.
- Minutes from Highways 427 / 401 & the Gardiner Expressway / QEW. There's monthly paid parking available onsite.
- There's an onsite cafeteria, plus an employee lunch room with fridges, microwaves & a TV. Driving distance to multiple choices for snacks and meals at restaurants or supermarkets on Dundas West, west of Highway 427.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Architecture, Medical, Cloud, Bank, Banking, Engineering, Healthcare, Technology, Finance