Cloud Engineer (Software)
Requisition ID: 67941
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose:
Scotiabank has embarked on the journey to modernize both development practices and tools.
One of the main areas of transformation is the public cloud and the various platform technologies that support both development and operations on the cloud.
The aim is to provide a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development teams to focus on building business logic.
We are looking to build our development team with influencers, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward. Accountabilities:
Designing, implementing and refactoring code using Java Spring Boot and Go. Python, .Net and Ruby are also an asset.
• API development for highly resilient Cloud based platforms
• Writing Producers and Consumers for real time data processing (Kafka\Azure Event Hubs)
• Participating in design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices.
• Ensure software, programs and applications are developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
• Working with lead engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
• Participating in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups, etc.
• Be able to design, build and operate the software and infrastructure that keeps our solutions running.
• Our teams are flexible and fast - you will be asked to provide leadership, mentorship, peer review and quality control on a daily basis. Experience:
• 3+ years of experience designing and implementing software.
• Experience developing real-time applications in Java/J2EE for enterprise clients.
• Experience designing and implementing RESTful services, good knowledge of HTTP specifics.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Google's GCP cloud platforms.
• Knowledge of most common software design patterns.
• Awareness of how scalable, enterprise-level software system is designed (both on code and infrastructure levels).
• Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server).
• Understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD).
• Attention to details, high standards for quality.
• Desire to learn, growing yourself and your team towards high performance and taking pride in your code.
• Writing and maintaining related documentation.
• Investigating, analyzing, and resolving system problems. Education:
Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science preferred.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Cloud, Developer, Bank, Banking, Computer Science, Technology, Finance