Cloud DevOps Engineer
Requisition ID: 86728
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The team:
Global Technology Services (GTS) is accountable for planning, engineering and 24x7 operations of all global infrastructure supporting Scotiabank. We deliver the full range of IT infrastructure services inclusive of the public cloud, traditional data centers and our branch locations. Our services include architecture, engineering and operational support of our networks, systems and databases as well as end-user support for over 90,000 Scotia Bank employees. GTS is a team of over 1,800 people located in 15 countries, with our primary locations in Toronto and Mexico City. The role:
Reporting to the Lead Architect, Private Cloud Services, you will, but not limited to code API's; implement Infrastructure as a Code delivery pipelines; work on configuration management; and develop automation & deployment utilities . Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You consider yourself to be a subject matter expert in designing and managing Cloud IaaS and PaaS Services
- You thrive on the detailed design & deployment of cloud services blueprints; the same in the design & implementation of automated delivery pipelines for the cloud services.
- You can onboard new private & public Cloud services.
- You are not adverse in providing Level 3 support for developed Cloud Services.
- You can develop & document operational procedures for service operations teams.
What's in it for you?
- You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience with both Python development and coding RESTful API's.
- You have at least 4+ years of hands-on technical working experience in the use of CI/CD Tools (e.g., Git, Jenkins, Gradle, Artifactory, etc. ...).
- You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience in the use of Configuration Management & Automation tools (e.g., SaltStack or similar).
- You have at least 8+ years of hands-on technical working experience with scripting (e.g., PowerShell & Python).
- You have at least 8+ years of hands-on technical working experience with both Linux 6.x/7.x and Windows 2012/2016 administration.
- You have at least 8+ years of hands-on technical working knowledge with Networking, Storage and Security concepts, technologies and operational experience.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related technology-based stream.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- Located in the heart of Toronto's financial district, the work site is located just north of the TTC's Line 1 King subway station. This location has access to The PATH & is located minutes from GO Transit/VIA Rail hub at Union Station; as well as the TTC's King 504 streetcar line.
- Minutes from the Gardiner Expressway & the DVP.
- Located nearby is The Commons, a dining space for employees where breakfast & lunch are served. Also, The Bean serves hot/cold beverages & snacks. Also, many food court & restaurant options in The PATH without venturing outside.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Cloud, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Healthcare, Technology, Finance, Engineering