What is the opportunity?
This Developer role works within the electronic market making space at RBC Capital Markets. It entails developing and enhancing low-latency algorithmic strategies and infrastructure for existing and next generation electronic trading platforms. You will be involved in regular and close interaction with key stakeholders (traders and business support teams) to develop trading solutions in an iterative/agile manner. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-Have:
- Design and implement new requirements for existing and next-generation electronic market making platforms. Requirements may include:
- trading algorithms
- risk hedging algorithms
- trading platform infrastructure
- pricing models for Exchange-traded Funds
- Participate and drive requirements gathering and design discussions with end-users and team members
- Collaborate and work well in a team environment
- Support and manage production environments
Nice To Have:
- 2+ years of development experience Java/C/C++
- Strong foundation of programming concepts like object-oriented programming, multi-threading, data structures
- Good grasp of latency and performance implications of software design
- Bachelor's degree in Comp Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong C++ skills and experience with high-performance applications
- Familiar with version control systems (e.g. SVN, Git)
- Able to work with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl)
- Financial Industry experience is an asset (capital markets, enterprise banking, etc)
Given the mission critical nature of systems involved, the role requires participation in a rotating early morning coverage shift - starting at 7:30 AM for about one week every month. Early morning coverage may also be required on days of special financial significance (e.g. day after Brexit vote). Regular core hours are 8.30am - 5.00pm. What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients