- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaAs a C++ Programmer you will be part of a team that works closely with Actuarial Software Developers to build new features in a high performance computing application. You will be responsible for re-engineering large scale code structures. You will also be responsible for analyzing various parts of the code and applying programming techniques to optimize the overall runtime of the AXIS Actuarial Modeling System. In this role you have opportunity to learn the domain, get specialized, and take ownership of that code.
Your role will entail working independently alongside actuaries and system developers:
- Studying and analyzing code structure to improve and modernize the codebase
- Programming complex data structure and conversions
- Profiling and optimizing routines to make them run faster
- Assisting actuarial programmers with writing scalable and robust code
- Liaising between system developers and actuarial programmers
- Troubleshooting issues for internal clients
- Other duties as assigned
GGY a Moody's Analytics Company is a software company located in Toronto, Canada. Our primary business is developing, maintaining, selling and supporting AXIS, an actuarial software product designed for use by the life insurance industry. As part of our support for AXIS, we also offer infrastructure service and software to support both hosted and cloud based installations of AXIS which we refer to as GGY Cloud Services .
Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or Statistics
- Strong hands on experience in object oriented programming in C++ development
- Excellent understanding of algorithm designs
- Excellent skills in refactoring and writing expressive code
- Strong debugging and analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Open to learn new (actuarial/financial) concepts at the job
- Prior experience developing financial applications in the actuarial field, an asset
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.