Business Systems Analyst with VAR, Python and Analytics
Requisition ID: 86864
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose
Technical business analyst who ensures re-engineering of VAR (Value at Risk) application, works closely with business to understand existing functionalities, and working closely with developers to migrate functionalities to new technology stack and write scripts for analysis, testing and regression. Key accountabilities
Successful candidate will be responsible for liasing with business and working with developers to understand existing application processes, streamlining processes within the application, consolidating and centralizing functionalities.
The candidate will also be responsible for performing heavy data driven analytics and reconciliations using queries and scripts as the calculation logic in VAR application is highly statistical and computationaly intenstive.
Ideal candidate would be required to
Skills and Expereince
- Understand and investigate risk metric values from database and files with scripts like python, R and shell scripts.
- Understand regulations around market risk capital and the business processes to calculate capital
- Perform integration testing on the end to end application processes
- Extract business logic by reading existing code such as java, python and shell scripts
- 5+ years of strong data analytics experience in SQL, R or Python
- 5+ years of experience working in UNIX environments with shell (ksh/bash)
- 7+ years of business analyst experience on software development projects
- Hands on experience in using analytics libraries like numpy, scipy, dataframes is a plus
- Proactive and curious to learn new technology and learn about business is a plus.
- Masters/Bachelors in Computer Science/Statistics/Math Related discipline.
- Experience in capital markets/banking domain is a plus.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Analytics, Systems Analyst, Data Analyst, Bank, Banking, Management, Technology, Data, Finance