Business Systems Analyst - Archer
What is the opportunity?
The position is a part of our Archer Platform Technology application development team. The primary objective is to interview key stakeholders, gather requirements and manage all documentation related to SDLC and Agile process in order to enable the Archer application capabilities across the RBC organization. You will work very closely with the Solution Architect and Development team managing requirements and testing the system. What will you do?
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the Global Risk and Compliance standards and procedures
- Lead business gathering initiatives, manage day to day tasks and testing activities
- Work as a liaison between development team and management
- Work with Solution Architects and stakeholders to translate the business requirements
- Identify and recommend new cost effective solutions to meet/exceed business objectives
- Assess, research and analyze business and system needs, exploring alternative options to recommend technology solutions and designs that meet sponsor needs and business deliverables including component reusability, data sharing and security
- Prepare high level and detailed business requirements, user stories for small to medium projects in accordance with the Agile framework, security and architecture documentation objectives
- Understand technically complex workflows, rules and data structures in the workflow tool
- Integrate input data sources and mapping them into relevant business entities
- Document and execute unit test, system, integration and acceptance test within the Archer application
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of business gathering phase, system testing and implementation phases of project
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Business Systems Analyst function/role
- Archer or similar configuration tool (MetricStream, IBM OpenPages, ServiceNow)
- Advanced MS Excel Skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Workflow Management
- Business Rules Development
- Ability to work with ambiguities
- Knowledge of IT Standards, SDLC/Agile Methodologies & Audit requirements
- Experience within the banking industry or RBC
- Exposure to IT Risk and Security initiatives
What's in it for you?
- Professional experience with applications with multiple interfaces and/or 3rd parties
- Relevant college, university, or post-graduate degree in Business Analysis. Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Project Management Institute - Professional in Business Analysis (PMI - PBA) Certification (Preferred)
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
The opportunity to work on projects that have genuine, measurable impact: automating manual processes, re-engineering workflows and making financial analysis and reporting faster and more reliable.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- A world-class training program in financial services.
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
330 Front St West Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
200866 Ad Code(s):