Business Analyst Specialist - Global Payments Technology
Requisition ID: 71761
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
The Application Support team is responsible for providing production support and maintaining applications within Global Payments Technology that serves our corporate and commercial clients. Working with your System Support Analysts, Business Analysts and Programmer Analysts teammates, the vision is to provide technical support and solutions to meet the needs of our customers. The role
We are looking for an energetic and results driven individual with experience in the financial industry . The incumbent will play an important part to help the team achieve the desired goals by align expectations between Application Development and Application Support teams, Learn new products/features, create training/support documents and train application support teams on new products and services. The incumbent is responsible for assisting with research and analysis leading to the definition of requirements and processes to assist in the resolution of business problems for the supported line of business, as well as assisting with the validation of new process or enhancements and the provision of ongoing support to all global units.
The successful applicant will work in the Business Analyst role in a production support/maintenance team, providing documentation/training; facilitating communication; developing solutions and supporting production, resulting in a positive impact to the team and Bank as a whole. Is this role right for you?
- Assist the Manager/Lead Analyst by conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes for well-defined tasks to assist in the resolution of problems to meet the needs of the supported line of business.
- Participate in the implementation of processes by assisting in development and validation of the processes, assisting in the definition of procedures and workflows.
- Coordinate and facilitate production application releases by:
- Learn new banking products and features
- Create training material and job aids
- Provide training to application support teams
- Coordinate production release between application support and application development teams.
- Create application health check documents
- Participate banking application production health checks
- Align expectations between Application development and Application support teams
- Roles and Responsibilities
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- To create or assist with Operational Readiness documentation for new/existing banking applications.
- The incumbent must possess good interpersonal and communication skills written and verbally to colleagues, senior management, external vendors and various business lines
- Must have intermediate experience with MS Suite specifically Word and Excel
- Be able to coordinate and facilitate discussions and have experience with discovering new processes to create documentation
What's in it for you?
- Previous IT Support experience.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow , JIRA and Confluence will be an asset
- A recognized under-graduate degree
- Previous commercial banking and/or business payment systems/processes experience would be an asset.
- Previous experience with training would be an asset.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity, We provide you with the tools and technology needed to support your work
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Business Analyst, Bank, Banking, Developer, Programmer, Finance, Technology