Business Analyst Senior - Capital Markets
Requisition ID: 76726
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose
To provide responsive operational support and business analysis for Equity Research Business line and their systems. The incumbent is responsible for assisting in conducting analysis leading to the definition of requirements, design, testing, project coordination and implementation processes. The successful candidate will also assist in the resolution of complex business problems for Equity Research Business unit, and other business lines being serviced. The incumbent is also responsible for participating in projects for new systems or enhancements and working with development personnel. The candidate will work with other technology groups and vendors, and provision of ongoing support for all users in the business lines supported. Key Responsibilities
- Provide responsive operational support which includes troubleshooting existing and new functionality, the incumbent must also contact the appropriate vendor for assistance in determining corrective action to be taken as well as participate and manage the activities of the vendor to ensure satisfactory results have been achieved.
- Assist in resolving complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the system needs of the Equity Research Desk and their internal and external customers, by applying your business and technological knowledge to analysis, defining user requirements, design and implementation of systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created.
- Determines the best approach for eliciting, analyzing, validating, and prioritizing requirements to ensure that the necessary information is captured from the relevant stakeholders to address the business needs
- Builds, sustains, and leverages relationships with individuals within his/her area of immediate responsibility when gathering, validating, and approving requirements to establish a comfort level in managing relationships and understanding business needs and assurance that a quality result will be delivered
- Collaborates with business partners, including senior management, to define business objectives, process, and requirements. Within the context of the project, collaborates on and sometimes leads discussions with business partners to better understand the business environment, to determine potential impacts on the project scope and objectives.
- Be able to manage/run Scrum meetings, sprint planning and related Processes
- Possesses a university degree and 2+ yrs experience in Capital Markets Environment.
- Working knowledge of Agile practices and frameworks - Scrum and Kanban
- The incumbent must possess strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to work under pressure while keeping up-to-date with new technology solutions for our trading business. The incumbent must have knowledge of the following:
- Experience in Capital Markets Technology and or High paced environments
- Nice to have Equity Research Knowledge - Agile methodology - Basic SQL/Infrastructure/Networks
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Business Analyst, Equity, Bank, Banking, Developer, Finance, Technology