Associate, Institutional Equity Research
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- CIBC - Canada
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
The Equities team at CIBC Capital Markets understands what institutional investors value most: original ideas, top service and performance. Whether it's Bay Street or Wall Street, CIBC World Markets Inc. is there with the depth and breadth of product to advise on and execute the decisions of the investment community - anywhere in North America.
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
The Capital Markets arm of CIBC provides corporate, government and institutional clients with innovative solutions to help them raise capital, and grow and invest actively throughout North America and key financial centres around the world. To deliver on its vision to be our clients’ preferred capital markets banking partner across multiple products and services, both in Canada and where our core competencies can be exported. The Capital Markets mission is to bring Canadian Capital Markets products to Canada and the rest of the world, and also bring the world to Canada.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Research Associate the incumbent will work closely with various Research Analysts covering several sectors which involves industry and company analysis. The Associate will learn and develop a depth of knowledge for financial analysis and about the capital markets. In the role, you will gain valuable experience in writing reports, developing and maintaining financial models, forecasting cash flow and earnings, researching financial companies and analyzing industry trends. In participation with a Research Analyst will participate in a quarterly conference call with investors and analysts from competing firms to get direct data and interaction with the companies and industries senior management team. The position also provides the opportunity to liaise with our Sales, Trading, Investment Banking colleagues and clients as required.
We are seeking highly motivated, results-driven, and accomplished candidates who should demonstrate the following:
- Please include a writing sample along with your cover letter, resume and transcripts (if recent graduate)
- Education: preference is given to candidates who possess CFA, MBA (or Masters of Economics), and an undergraduate degree in Finance or business-related discipline.
- Experience conducting financial analysis of companies in various industries and general knowledge of the capital market industry, and economics
- Strong background in math and finance is a preference
- Excellent knowledge of PC applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Ability to explain detailed financial and statistical analysis
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with internal and external clients
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to work independently in a deadline oriented environment
- Demonstrated interest
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition, Learning & Development, and Employee Community Involvement
What You Need To Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- Often required to work beyond normal business hours.
- Required to make frequent decisions in a fast paced work environment