Associate Engineer II
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD Engineering
covers a broad range of exercises and initiatives including requirements gathering, design specification, industry analysis, vendor engagement and analysis, software development, project management, financial management, test plans and execution, and operational standards implementation. Our highly-coveted Engineers are interspersed amongst many areas of focus: innovation, design, execution, maintenance, strategy, portfolio management. We call all of these things incredible learning opportunities and no two assignments are ever the same.
There's room to grow in all of it. Job Description About This Role Performs a broad range of activities as assigned to support Engineers and generally involve developing components of solutions with a focus on analytics, support, testing, and proof of concepts aligned to business and technology objectives.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Develop new solutions for engineering programs and projects and may also develop prototypes and proof-of-concepts aligned to business needs.
- Participate in the conceptual and logical engineering designs for assigned portfolio.
- Analyze technical requirements to recommend pragmatic and sound engineering specific solutions for your own area.
- Work with other stakeholders to ensure engineering solutions meet technical direction, requirements, performance, time-to-market and innovation goals.
- Contribute enterprise and business line engineering strategies and mandates.
- Respond to routine or standard requests from internal and external customers.
- Understand relationships between work processes and the business and ensure awareness of costs related to own work.
- Monitor product life cycles, ensuring specifications and functionality support business objectives and engineering decisions, undertaking re-development where required.
- Document and verify system components, applications, system infrastructure, security, integration, operability and engineering related architecture designs associated with a program or project.
- Participate in quality management reviews, in particular reviews of the designs, prototypes and other requirements work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements.
- Develop as-built program activities to establish detail needed using configuration management processes.
- Provide support to ensure accuracy of drawings and other technical baseline documents.
- Continuously enhance knowledge / expertise in own area and keep current with leading-edge technologies and trends
- Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business units
- Establish effective relationships across multiple business and technology partners, program and project managers
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team
- Experienced professional level role with knowledge of specific domain or various engineering frameworks, technology, tools, processes and procedures, as well as organization issues
• Sound knowledge of TD applications, systems, networks, innovation, design activities, best practices, business / organization, Bank standards
• In-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline
• Prioritizes and manages own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines under guidance of management
• Solves moderately complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions
• Generally reports to a Manager or above
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- University or post-graduate degree
- Strong academic background (e.g., computer science, engineering)
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Experience in creating high level and technical presentations and communication skills to explain the approach to a varying audience
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and organizational skills are essential
- Proven skills in scripting in at least one language (Python, PowerShell, Java etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with DLP, Guardium or Qualys
- Advanced knowledge of Win 2012/2016 and/or RHEL/Unix
- Understanding of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, authentication mechanisms, and networking protocols including SMTP, HTTP(s), DNS, TCP/IP, and SNMP as they pertain to security solutions.
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.