Associate Director Deposits & Investments, GBP Sales
Requisition ID: 72516
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose:
The Associate Director, Deposits & Investments, Global Business Payments (GBP), will be responsible for selling deposit initiatives and strategies to Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) and Commercial Banking clients through presentations, meetings, or one-on-one consultations. The Associate Director will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with other Scotiabank partners to provide a complete range of investment alternatives as well as maintaining optimized pricing on related products to ensure Scotiabank is competitive and profitable on all deposit and investment offerings. Accountabilities:
• Work directly with Relationship Managers as well as Cash Management Sales Managers to grow regulatory friendly deposits by identifying and providing liquidity solutions for clients and prospects, thereby achieving annual deposit growth targets through new deposits to the Bank.
• Identify potential product opportunities and work closely with product managers on improving or developing products and any related marketing collateral and fulfilment processes.
• Develop and implement short and long term sales strategies for growth, working in conjunction with Relationship Managers, Cash Management Sales Managers, and the Deposits Portfolio Management Team.
• Attend, participate and lead client meetings in order to provide leading industry knowledge and solutions relating to deposits and investments.
• Advise clients on drafting or revising investment policies where needed.
• Prepare and deliver presentations to business partners for the purpose of deposit and investment product education and the outlining of capabilities and strategies.
• Build and maintain partnerships with Relationship Managers, Cash Management Sales Managers, Business Deposits Portfolio Management, and Group Treasury partners as well as external contacts.
• Responsible for deposit pipeline reporting and ensuring opportunities are being pursued and advanced in a timely manner.
• Maximize the teams overall efficiency, by ensuring they have an awareness and access to all offers, presentations and marketing material that is produced for business partners and clients.
• Source, analyze, and organize interest rate and economic data/commentary for the purposes of producing daily market update emails and to maintain a current market insight summary for presentation to business partners and clients at any time.
• Collect and distribute information relating to client segments and market trends and ensure timely dissemination of any updates relating to product, pricing, etc.
• Responsible for the coordination, management and reporting of any special deposit acquisition initiative under the direction and oversight of the Director (Team Lead), Deposits & Investments.
• Ensure a high degree of accuracy and completeness of client information, call reports, and client coverage within Sales reporting systems.
• Ensure that the Bank's interests are protected at all times by strictly adhering to risk management and compliance programs, internal and regulatory guidelines, including Know Your Customer, Anti-Money Laundering, etc. Education / Experience / Other Information:
• Minimum of 5-7 years in financial services;
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in business or related field; additional industry courses/designations (e.g. CFA) an asset;
• Must be an experienced banker with exceptional interpersonal, leadership, sales and business development skills;
• Proven success at selling deposit or fixed income products, which ideally would come with an extensive network of contacts;
• Experience in Fixed Income / Money Market industry through trading or sales is a definite asset; and
• The incumbent must have thorough knowledge of the financial services industry including regulatory trends and economic conditions as they relate to short-term investment products. Working Conditions:
• Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence.
• Moderate amount of travel is required.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Sales Management, Manager, Bank, Banking, Sales, Management, Finance