Associate 4/Economist II
Career Opportunity Economist II - Canadian Macroeconomic Group Toronto, ON Canada Summary:
The role of the Economist is to become an integral customer-facing member of the Canadian macroeconomic team, providing support to senior economists as well as to other team members. The candidate will help shape the Canadian, provincial and industry economic outlooks and provide econometric expertise and analysis to support forecasts. General Job Duties:
As a member of a small team that produces several economic forecasts, you will be responsible for monitoring specific sectors of the Canadian economy and provincial economies. You will also contribute written analysis to the Canadian macroeconomic services publications. Specific Job Duties:
- Perform research on the provincial economies and develop provincial and industry economic forecasts along with performing all required duties for producing the provincial forecast.
- Author reports for clients on high-frequency macroeconomic indicators.
- Update the Canadian content in the Global Economics Service products.
- Regularly contribute analysis and forecasts for a weekly publication.
- When necessary, provide support to senior staff for any ad hoc requests as well as provide client support as needed.
- Positively contribute to a strong team environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of macroeconomic principles and market concepts along with a passion for economics as well as have a deep desire to understand economic data
- Strong econometrics skills and have experience in statistical programming.
- Previous macroeconomic analysis work experience is advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail and superior writing skills.
- Ability to comprehend concepts easily and can communicate clearly and concisely.
- Can effectively work in and be an integral part of a well-developed team, but also independently when required.
- Highly organized and able to work diligently and efficiently in a deadline-driven workplace.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly, professional attitude.
- Curiosity and a deep understanding of data drives you to learn daily.
- Solid technical skills and a top-level knowledge of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of EViews is an asset.
Master's degree in Economics with strong quantitative content. Those with a B.A. in Economics, along with previous work experience, may be considered.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.