- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
Assistant Director – Business Development and Client Management
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaRole & Responsibilities
This role is responsible for engaging key mid and senior level stakeholders within MALS's existing account base in assigned territory as well as new customers, engaging in discussions of best practices in Retail Banking, Wealth Management training and learning and development, helping drive the sales process by identifying and targeting new sales prospects and winning profitable, revenue-generating business.
- Drive the development of new and existing business within the respective account base.
- Work with the Director - Business Development to help drive the sales process by identifying and targeting prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure.
- Pursue alternative distribution channels for MALS products for future growth opportunities.
- Work closely with Marketing team to develop lead generation ideas with the intention of securing future client meetings and engagements.
- Collaborate with Learning Partners, Marketing, Product Management, Corporate Support, and Project Management/Implementation teams to promote improvement in product quality/delivery and the development of new sources of revenue.
- Engage key senior level stakeholders within financial institutions in Western Canada from, Manitoba to BC, Western USA and nationally in Canada with Post-Secondary Institutions for discussions of best practices and needs in training, learning and development.
- Assess the needs of customers by providing consultative services and understanding specific challenges faced by their business as it pertains to training.
- Act as the market and product/service expert during the sales cycle.
- Coordinate MALS's responses to requests for product and services information from prospects and clients.
- Maintain awareness of competitors' initiatives.
- Develop and test pricing strategies internally on major bids and proposals.
- Coordinate with the Director - Business Development (MALS) to set goals and develop specific territory plans to achieve objectives for growth within the Financial Institution market segment.
- Exercising a strong, proactive approach to achieve/exceed goals.
- Positioning MALS in Canada as a leader and go-to business in training and certification in the retail banking, trust and wealth management space.
- Work actively to promote MALS to decision makers within the Financial Services vertical through attending conferences, workshops and networking events.
This position offers the opportunity to make an impact as part of the strategic initiative to continue building the strength of Moody's Analytics Learning Solutions (MALS) sales organization. The primary mission will be to build strong sales opportunities and client relationships in order to first secure and grow the Canadian business and over time seek other opportunities globally.
This will be accomplished by being a key contributing member to the Business Development team and by pursuing either as a team, sales and business development goals directly with key accounts in Western Canada from Manitoba to BC as well as the Western USA.
This position requires a strong track background and record of Business Development skills ("a hunter") to strategize, build and create opportunities and of bringing opportunities to a closed deal status.
The Assistant Director reports to the Director - Business Development and Client Solutions. Moody's Analytics is looking to grow the Moody's Analytics Learning Solutions franchise and its global footprint in retail banking and securities over the next few years, and the Business Development Team will be at the forefront of that effort -- successes will be visible to senior leaders.
Experience and Qualifications
- University or College degree preferred
- Professional selling experience, of 7 to 9 years within the Financial Services vertical
- Demonstrated expertise in pipeline building and strategic selling, a track record of closing deals and a history of exceeding established goals.
- Experience selling training solutions and services preferably within a financial services/ banking environment.
- Strong consulting capabilities with the ability to effectively interface with mid and senior level management and other key stakeholders. Typically within Learning & Development, Human Resources and respective business units.
- Experience with an array of software-based tools (Salesforce, Microsoft Office suite).
- Demonstrated track record of successfully generating revenue through the sales of training products.
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations of products & services.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Polished presentation skills.
An "ambassador"; the Assistant Director is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
Is an exceptional "hunter" and can generate a pipeline of potential business opportunities and bring them to "close"; Optimistic, opportunistic, excellence in communicating value, skilled at managing multiple stakeholders and highly self-motivated.
Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration
Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others when he/she disagrees
Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and superiors; is effective both inside and outside the organization.
Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning seizes more opportunities than others.
Ethics and Values
Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.