Archer Application Support
What is the opportunity?
The position is a part of our Archer Platform Technology application development team. It is a technical IT support role responsible for Production Support, End User Support, Working on Risk IT Issues (various audits, DRs), Systems Development Support Activities. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Investigates, resolves, and reports on medium- to highly-complex technical issues requiring business application understanding.
- Works closely with business clients to understand priorities and impact, and provides timely and accurate reports to management and end-users on status of critical systems processes and reports.
- Proactively identifies and acts on emerging issues and works with Development teams to resolve them in the short and long term. Many of these issues require rapid response and the ability to synthesize multiple technical factors quickly in order to arrive at a workaround or solution within hours.
- Plan and deploy releases to the production environment.
- Demonstrate and guide the offshore support team as and when required
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the relevant Governance, Risk, & Compliance standards and procedures related to your initiatives.
- Is able to learn about multiple applications and technologies and how they interact in order to provide cross-function support. An understanding of how legacy and emerging technologies integrate is required
- Intermediate level in Object Oriented Programming and database skills
- Hands-on experience working with large scale production environments with minimal downtime
Nice to have
- Team player, ability to multi-task & handle high visibility outage situations
- Client focused with the ability to manage, and juggle competing priorities
- Good organization skills and a keen attention to detail
What's in it for you?
- Ideal candidate would possess some business knowledge Compliance Risk area. In this position, it is often essential to be able to express technical issues in business terms, and vice-versa.
- Professional experience in a risk management environment an asset.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
330 Front St West Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
200869 Ad Code(s):