Analyst, HR Service Desk & Reporting
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. ("Brookfield") is a global alternative asset manager with over $365 billion in assets under management. Brookfield has over a 120-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Brookfield offers a range of public and private investment products and services, which leverage their expertise and experience and provide a distinct competitive advantage in the markets in which they operate. Brookfield is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbols BAM and BAM.A, respectively, and on the NYSE Euronext under the symbol BAMA. For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com.
The Technology Services Group (TSG) is an internal function and is responsible for ensuring consistent technology infrastructure and a standard set of tools and applications across our Asset Management business. Position Summary
As a member of the HR Service Desk (HRSD), the Analyst, HRSD and Reporting
will be responsible for managing the resolution of benefits and payroll related inquiries via phone, email and desktop support. In addition, s/he will be responsible for providing support to the Reporting Analyst in the creation, execution and maintenance of HR and financial reports. Responsibilities
Qualifications & Requirements
- Provide Tier 1 Workday customer service support to employees and various teams (HR, Payroll, Benefits) in North America
- Escalate inquiries to Tier 2 support teams including, but not limited to, HRIS, Payroll and Benefits as necessary
- Follow up on outstanding tickets to ensure requests and issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements
- Update and maintain training materials and Quick Reference Guides, as needed
- Develop, generate, analyze and maintain Workday reports and dashboards
- Develop and maintain data dictionary definitions, documentation, quality standards and support guides
- Develop automated routines in Workday to ensure accuracy and data quality standards are met
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness of reporting through rigorous testing
- Adhere to audit and data verification processes for all financial and compensation reporting to ensure information is correct and maintained properly
- Deliver high quality reporting of HR data, as specified, in a timely manner (e.g. headcount reports, salary control reports, salary movement analysis, turnover/exit analysis, Diversity & Inclusion reporting).
- Explore HR data to derive new or deeper insights which contribute to better decision making, investigating data issues, determining root causes and recommending solutions.
- Work with members of the HR team, auditing and processing organization and position requests to ensure accuracy and validity.
- Maintain general knowledge of HRIS developments, and system upgrades. Attend webinars, inform staff of changes, test new features and implement them.
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education (University or College graduate)
- Minimum 3 years of administrative experience in Human Resources capacity in a professional services environment
- Experience with an HRIS (Workday experience is an asset)
- Strong understanding of HR life cycle and HRMS database design, structure, functions and processes, and reporting tools
- Experience supporting various levels of employees
- Client-service oriented
- Ability to problem solve and exercise sound judgment
- Analytical thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Conscientious with a strong attention to accuracy and details
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities
- Self-motivated to take initiative and ownership on issues and manage to resolution
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including MS Office applications: Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook
- Previous exposure to project-related activities through active participation in system-related projects
Brookfield welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.