At our company, we have been helping our customers and communities for over 190 years. Working with us means being part of a team of talented, passionate individuals with a shared focus on working together to deliver great customer experiences. We stand behind your success with the support you need to turn your potential into performance.
BMO Financial Group is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives.
The Analyst, Finance is responsible for projects and transactions accounting, monthly labour spend accruals and exceptions reporting for the Technology Development business unit. The incumbent will ensure proper accounting and process treatment, appropriate authorization, transactions governance, maintenance of records for audit purposes and compliance with Bank policies and directives. This position is a key facilitator between Technology business units, Technology Finance, Planning Forecasting & Analysis, Accounts Payable, Contract Management, and eProcurement Operations. The role is closely linked to business operations with occasional high volume cycles through the month.
Qualifications Demonstrates solid communication and interpersonal skills Strong customer service orientation and attention to detail Demonstrates good writing and documentation skills Exhibits solid problem-solving and analytical skills Experience with using databases and proficiency in MS Excel Able to handle multiple priorities and manage time commitments effectively Able to manage change and cope with complex and ambiguous situations Able to work collaboratively in a team based environment
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma (preferably in accounting, finance or business) and 2 to 4 years of progressive work experience
- Strong transactional accounting experience, reconciliations, variance analysis and generating exceptions reporting from managed processes
- Documentation of processes and policies and identifying process improvement opportunities
- Supporting process controls and communicating process guidelines to business partners and stakeholders
- Previous Accounts Payable experience is an asset
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, Access (Pivot tables, lookups, data extraction etc.) Required
- Strong analytical skills to effectively evaluate and make sense of large volumes of financial data, and communicate call to action based on analytical reviews. Required
- Financial Services/Banking industry/Technology experience an asset
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.