Consolidates, analyzes and reports on the financial performance of the business/group to support the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process including financial reporting and financial governance matters. Supports an efficient and effective Accounting function which uses common information sources and practices, reduces ongoing costs and increases service level performance.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Reviews financial information prepared by others for reasonableness and highlights issues / information that needs attention.
- Provides advice and on the implementation of accounting solutions and operational programs.
- Analyzes financial results in support of financial period close and reporting processes; provides insights and recommendations.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards for assigned legal entity/business/group financial information packages.
- Supports the preparation of journal entries, monthly / quarterly reporting packages and Financial Statements, including tax payments and reconciliations where necessary, in accordance with applicable accounting rules and standards.
- Provides information and supports the process for internal (Corporate and SOX) and external audits.
- Reviews supporting documentation, escalating areas of concern and making amendments as necessary.
- Coordinates and executes specific activities for the implementation of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
- Executes routine tasks such as service requests, transactions, queries etc within relevant service level agreements.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on business objectives.
- Develops knowledge related to business/group accounting requirements and standards.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically between 3 - 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completed or near completion of an accounting designation.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.