Advisor, Information Security
The Information Security Advisor will interface frequently with the Information Security Governance Team and Application teams to ensure all settings are tuned to achieve optimal balance between security and application performance. This individual will also play a key role in shaping the WAP monitoring strategy for 24x7 monitoring resources.
Conduct real-time analysis and correlation of WAP events with a focus on the identifying attack traffic and false positives. Analyze WAP incidents and escalate to appropriate teams for further response. Manage configuration settings and monitoring strategy. Manage automated alert configuration. Respond to leadership inquiries regarding current monitoring strategy and configuration settings. Help develop framework for monitoring and incident metrics. Key Accountabilities
Qualifications Additional Background Requirements
- Works with stakeholders to validate their requirements via techniques such as reviews and walkthroughs.
- Possesses data manipulation and analysis skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Filters and "cleans" data, and reviews reports and KPIs to locate and correct data issues
- Facilitates discussions and follows a structured approach to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage requirements
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets. Provides analytical support and insight.
- Performs documentation writing and maintenance of new and existing processes, procedures and requirements
- Remains alert of new information security technologies/threats that present risk to the enterprise and determine the best approach to mitigate these risks
- Recommends approaches to streamline and integrate information security processes in the organization to improve overall efficiency
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Understands and can explain to others the core processes, risks, & mitigation techniques involved in their area of support
- Possesses a very good understanding and problem-solving ability of IS issues within their business group
- Anticipates and reduces complexity for others
- Gathers requirements and documents these requirements for use in various Audits, reports, & projects
- Acts in a larger project planning capacity, audits the quality of reports submitted by analysts and provides related coaching and support
- Works with vendors where required to troubleshoot issues and develops relationships with vendors/LOBs/stakeholders
- Possesses a deep understanding and problem-solving ability of IS issues within their business group
- Ability to create professional presentations and comfortable with presenting to senior management
- Analytical vision with the ability to develop strategic direction.
- Anticipates and reduces complexity for others.
- Develops innovative approaches to create solutions to resolve problems and significant issues
- Prepares end-user training materials.
We're here to help
- 4-7+ years of work experience in related fields
- Familiar with industry standards and frameworks eg. NIST Cyber Security Framework (CSF), ISO 27001 and 27002, Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS), etc.
- Has at least one certification in a related field, with strong preference for Information Security certifications from a well-recognized institution (e.g. (ISC)2, ISACA, SANS)
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.