Administrative Assistant - Corporate & Investment Banking
Requisition ID: 82324
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of Corporate & Investment Banking in Canada by providing confidential administrative support to teams of Bankers. Supports Corporate & Investment Banking professionals with various projects and day-to-day work flow as team works to build client relationships, generate revenue and execute on deal flow, in a Capital Markets setting. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
Independently manage monthly draw requests for CIB Real Estate Clients.
- Responsible for prioritizing workload to ensure the group's objectives and deadlines are met.
- Answers and screens telephone calls on a multi-line system, arranging conference calls and videoconferencing using Scotia preferred vendors.
- Coordinates Corporate & Investment Bankers' schedules and makes appointments as requested. Coordinates meetings, including room bookings and requesting technical, audio-visual and catering support as required.
- Arranges and coordinates extensive travel. Schedules and follows up on reservations and itineraries. Assists with procuring Travel Visas through preferred third-party service.
- Compiles receipts and prepares extensive expense reports for approval and payment, ensuring timely completion and proper client coding. Follows up with AP regarding outstanding items. Ensures monthly reconciliation of travelers' Corporate Visa statements.
- Organizes copies and maintains administrative files, correspondence and other records/materials as required.
- Supports client activities of the team.
- Assists with pitch book binding if required, using in-house binding system.
- Assists where possible with company research via the Internet, Library and other on-line services. Also may be required to contact companies directly to update contact information.
- Assists with maintenance of client-related databases (using both Excel and Salesforce).
- Assume ad hoc projects as they arise in support of management and their client strategy, including the gathering and compiling of data from various sources for weekly meetings, organizing and managing logistics for client events, researching and tracking key client dates (AGMs, quarterly IR calls, etc.) and ensure team is assigned to attend / call-in, etc.
- Download and save appropriate draw documents from deal sites including monthly funding documents, certificates, and reports
- Document and track exact funding dates using Consultant reports and ensure accuracy of draw amounts.
- Ensure all required draw documents are received and requirements have been met.
- Coordinate with Legal Counsels for title search.
- Coordinate with booking points for funding to ensure set timelines are met.
- Establishes sound business relationships by providing courteous and efficient assistance to internal and external clients.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to work well as a team player is critical, as well the ability to work independently.
- Displays the following levels of skill in Microsoft applications:
- Outlook (Advanced or Expert)
- Word (Advanced)
- PowerPoint (Intermediate)
- Excel (Advanced or Expert)
- Ability to operate scanner, photocopier, color printer and other hardware as needed.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle a fast-paced environment. Understand how to prioritize multi-person workloads with competing and urgent requests. Ability to judge when to escalate prioritization questions, take ownership of and ensure assignments are completed accurately and deadlines are met.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization. Ability to quickly comprehend instructions.
- High tolerance for, and adaptable to, change.
- Ability to work overtime as required. This is sporadic, and on an approved basis only.
- Ability to maintain harmonious relationships with co-workers in Corporate and Investment Banking, and with various internal and external contacts.
- Ability to handle sensitive materials under the pressure of last minute deadlines.
- Professional appearance, demeanor, and behavior at all times.
- Minimum University Degree, preferably in Administration or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years in a related administrative role requiring significant multi-tasking - preferably in Financial Service industry
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge of MS Office 2010, specifically MS Excel
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Secretary, Bank, Banking, Administrative Assistant, Investment, Administrative, Finance