- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Global Relationship Group, GRG, has an opening for an Account Manager (AM) in our Toronto office that will work as a member of a relationship team whose responsibility is to serve as the main point of contact for many of our Canadian clients and local Canadian consultants. The successful Account Manager will understand the long term needs and objectives of our clients and local consulting contacts and bring the resources of the organization to bear on their behalf with the goal of delivering a high level of service that will exceed the expectations and position Wellington Management as the partner of choice.
The AM will have frequent interactions with clients and consultants and will be expected to initiate, conduct analysis, and respond to inquiries on a wide variety of topics, often under significant time pressure. Incorporating product knowledge with institutional market awareness, the AM will need to effectively communicate with internal and external constituents. The AM should have a willingness to travel.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Serve as a point of contact for coverage of the local investment consultant community. Working closely with our senior Canadian business development/relationship management resources, the AM will help to formulate and execute a business strategy with these advisors.
- The AM will also serve as a strong second across many of our strategic, Canadian client relationships, and act as a single point of contact for a subset of Canadian clients that are typically more limited in size and scope Lead efforts to retain clients and seek opportunities to expand Wellington's footprint in Canada through partnership with other functional areas
- Lead high level projects and strategic and marketing initiatives, including involvement in product development projects, fund launches, and/or marketing campaigns and programming
- Provide analysis and communication on investment issues; analyze performance data, investment characteristics, and risk profiles of client portfolios
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the Canadian institutional market and contribute to the day to day management of our Canadian business efforts
- Liaise with the client and internal parties to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
The Account Manager must demonstrate competence in the following areas:
Business Management Skills
- Engage the organization appropriately, making sure all relevant parties and functional groups are informed, involved, and engaged in relationship and business management issues
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate client and consultant needs, issues, and concerns
- Demonstrate strong business judgment, including the ability to synthesize multiple complex issues and effectively balance competing objectives
- Escalate issues appropriately; seek input and advice from others as needed
- Make appropriate determinations of resource usage, and demonstrate strong ability to prioritize issues
- When necessary, initiate or advocate changes to workflow and organization in order to best meet client and organization objectives
- Establish effective relationships with clients and consultants; develop strong rapport, and ultimately gain the trust and confidence of clients
- Demonstrate the ability to set and manage client expectations and generally ensure a productive working relationship exists at all times
- Establish effective working relationships internally, ensuring all interested parties are appropriately informed of and involved in client-related matters
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team-orientation and a willingness to "pitch in" when necessary; grace under pressure
Investment Knowledge/Analytical Skills
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of capital market theory and practice, Wellington Management products (process, strategy, characteristics), and investment process (knowledge of all related functional areas)
- Be able to represent the investment products and views of the firm
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate leadership skills in a team environment
- Ability to see "bigger picture" and think strategically
- Direct experience supporting client and/or consultant relationships
The Account Manager will ideally have at least 7 years of relevant professional experience, completed their Canadian Securities Course, with designation of, or demonstrated progress towards, a CFA and/or MBA. French speaking skills are not required, but will be viewed as a positive.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .