2022 Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program (Canada)
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in Investment Banking. We are one of the top firms in Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), underwriting of equity transactions, corporate debt issuance, and high-yield debt financing. With professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognized for our performance in traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping clients around the world to make decisions about their business strategy and financial structure.
In Canada, we have opportunities in Calgary & Toronto. Our offices integrate our extensive knowledge of local and international markets, which allows us to handle some of Canada's most remarkable transactions. Our diverse offices reflect a wide variety of experiences, and we always strive to give back to the communities where we live and work.
When submitting an application you will be prompted to indicate your preferred office location. Summer Analyst Training Program
Summer Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by taking on responsibilities of a Full Time Analyst, working on a variety of corporate transactions and making meaningful contributions to the delivery of projects.
Summer Analysts have the opportunity to be involved in an immersive orientation program and learn about our culture as well as the benefits and responsibilities of being a member of the firm. In addition, Summer Analysts participate in an intensive division-specific training program focused on developing a strong foundation in the basic skills of financial analysis, accounting and valuation, and work on a wide range of transactions.
Summer Analysts receive continued on-the-job training throughout the program and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on meaningful projects during their internship. Summer Analysts have many opportunities to exchange ideas and network with peers, mentors and senior managers through team-building sessions and other organized events. Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of a Summer Analyst vary but may include:
• Analyzing detailed corporate and financial information
• Creating statistical exhibits that analyze comparative financial performance
• Building models to illustrate projected financial results and value to companies
• Developing marketing memoranda and delivering sections of research presentation
• Participating in the execution of financings and M&A transactions
Acting as the liaison for the team and other parts of the Firm Qualifications, Skills & Requirements
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree with a graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
- Minimum 3.4 GPA
- Possess basic knowledge of and a keen interest in finance
- Analytical, adaptive, multi-tasker, team player and have a strong work ethic and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Applications will formally close July12, 2021
- We review Investment Banking applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready because interviews can occur prior to the application period closing
- Our goal is to notify you of your status approximately one month after the application period concludes