See job description for details
CDPQ is you!
/ Carry out projects with potential returns and economic benefits for Quebecers
/ Collaborate on dynamic teams with high-level professionals committed to shared objectives
/ Take on stimulating challenges that reflect your abilities and talent
/ Pursue your professional development in an inspiring workplace, with state-of-the-art technology and bet environmental practices
Job Description Role
Reporting to the Executive Vice-President and Head of Liquid Markets, the job holder will play a leading role in the growth of CDPQ and ensure the long-term investment philosophy is maintained. The mandate:
Develop the approach for implementing value-added quantitative strategies and foster the use of data science in the processes of various investment teams. The candidate will actively participate in evolving CDPQ's systematic fundamental approach, mainly within the Equity Markets teams. The candidate will also manage financial data and the development of analytical services activities while piloting innovation by using data science and augmented intelligence. Main responsibilities
- Evolve CDPQ's fundamental systematic approach, prioritizing the value-added investment strategies in Equity Markets.
- Optimize the use of data science for analytical services and promote innovation of the investment process for liquid and illiquid portfolios.
- Influence the portfolio construction and securities selection process in the internal active management teams in Equity Markets and in the Fundamental Research team.
- Ensur e the performance objectives for the portfolios under their responsibility are achieved.
- Develop a system for post-investment monitoring of illiquid assets (Infrastructure, Private Equity, Real Estate).
- Formalize the systematic approach to ensure monitoring of external managers.
- Ensure that CDPQ employs industry best practices.
- Collaborate with the EVP and other managers to consider cross-functional strategies and more consistent management of the overall tactical management team.
- Develop talents by managing individual performance, harmonious operations and recruitment to build a quality next generation.
- Academic background in finance, economics, mathematics or data science
- At least fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in investing
- Experience in active management in global stock markets (portfolio manager and/or research)
- Investment profile focused on a quantitative major and fundamental minor
- Experience managing financial data
- Experience managing and designing advanced analytical tools applied to investing
- Experience in managing teams and projects.
- Ability to manage a team and projects
- Strategic thinking to identify key success factors both for teams and the overall organization
- Strong communication and summarization skills
- Collaboration and team player
- Capacity to influence
- Ability to develop talents
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CDPQ wants to offer equal employment opportunities to everyone . It encourages women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. CDPQ is also committed to further incorporating diversity into the organization and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.