- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Dec 17
Location: Montreal, QC, CanadaThe Role / Responsibilities:
The Translator provides accurate translations of a variety of documents related to Moody's Analytics Financial Services Training and Certification (FSTC) courses (Textbooks, Workbooks, Exam Items, HTML, Flash documents, etc.) as well as marketing documents (ads, websites pages, etc.).
- Performs terminology research using dictionaries, and reference books
- Translates documents to make sure the meaning in the source text is retained
- Revises documents to make sure the meaning in the source text is retained
- Compares documents to ensure accurate translation
- Escalates when unclear points are found in source text
- Accountable for the quality of the translation
- Meets agreed to milestone dates and has a sense of urgency
- Reports potential errors in source documents
- Translates between 1500 to 2000 words a day with accuracy
- Acts as a back up to Translation Specialist to ensure tasks are assigned and delivered to schedule.? Ensure that translations are complete and that there are no additions/omissions to the original text, the original meaning, or the original feeling and intent
- Adapt translations as required according to subject matter and target group
- Clarify with the originators of documents the original meaning, feeling and intent of text to be translated
- Translate, edit and proofread a variety of documents.
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
The Department / Team:
Moody's Analytics, a division of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), is the world's leading provider of credit analysis and related tools, including quantitative credit risk models, credit analysis software, portfolio management analytics, economic research, financial data, pricing and valuation services, and specialized consulting services. Moody's Analytics also distributes investor-oriented research and data developed by Moody's Investors Service as part of its rating process, including in-depth research on major debt issuers, industry studies, and commentary on topical events. The Moody's Analytics Financial Services Training and Certification business in Canada operates as the Canadian Securities Institute, the leading provider in Canada of financial learning, credentials and certification.
- Perfect mastery of French language
- Knowledge of Financial Industry, Banking Industry, Securities Industry
- Able to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Able to work under pressure
- Excellent team collaboration
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Professional diploma in Translation (English to French)
Years of Experience
- 5+ years of experience in translation
- 2+ years in a financial services role would be an asset
- Knowledge of and ability to use personal computers or workstations, office support tools (e.g., word processing, e-mail, presentation software and spreadsheets)
- Knowledge of specific tools and applications for translation (Multitrans, Trados)
- Fully bilingual (French and English)
- Ability to achieve objectives and deadlines while working under pressure
- Knowledge of financial services terminology
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.