CDPQ is you!
/ Carry out projects with potential returns and economic benefits for Quebecers
/ Collaborate on dynamic teams with high-level professionals committed to shared objectives
/ Take on stimulating challenges that reflect your abilities and talent
/ Pursue your professional development in an inspiring workplace, with state-of-the-art technology and best environmental practices
*The level and title of the position could be adjusted according to the selected candidate's profile. Role
Reporting to the Vice-President, Finance and Tax, the successful candidate will lead the tax team. They will oversee the teams supporting the investment sectors in CDPQ's transactions, post-investment management and tax compliance. They will also steer CDPQ's tax strategy, taking into account the tax risks. They will propose effective tax strategies that take best practices into account and respect CDPQ's tax commitment. In addition to serving as a strong technical resource in all tax areas, they will be responsible for mobilizing and developing a global team by fostering attainment of objectives as well as collaboration and teamwork. Main responsibilities
- Develop strategic relationships with business units and investment sectors enabling them to influence decision making;
- Plan and manage the team's needs, ensure the development of its members and evaluate their performance;
- Contract, supervise and coordinate the work of external tax consultants;
- Through a keen understanding of CDPQ's global issues and its tax position, implement a culture of innovation and continuous improvement;
- Interpret and monitor international tax developments, emerging issues, trends and changing regulatory requirements, and evaluate the potential impact on CDPQ's activities;
- Serve as an ambassador to tax and regulatory authorities, our peers and various associations and other external stakeholders.
- At least fifteen (15) years of relevant experience, including five (5) in a leadership role;
- Completed CPA Canada's tax course or possess a master's degree in taxation;
- CPA designation or lawyer;
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions, international tax and transfer pricing;
- Fluency in French and English*, both spoken and written.
* Frequent oral and written interactions in English with external partners based outside of Québec, such as service providers, law firms, peers, bankers, brokerage firms, credit analysis firms and credit agencies, etc. Competencies
- A rigorous and dynamic leader with strong analytical and influencing skills and tolerance of ambiguity;
- Risk management-based business outlook, critical thinking and strong organizational skills;
- Autonomy and ability to multitask;
- Ability to motivate the team and build strong interpersonal relationships;
- Excellent communicator who can present complex issues in simple terms.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted .
CDPQ wants to offer equal employment opportunities to everyone . It encourages women , visible and ethnic minorities , aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply . CDPQ is also committed to further incorporating diversity into the organization and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees . Please inform us if your current condition requires an accommodation during the recruiting process.
Studies show that women and members of traditionally underrepresented groups tend to apply for a position only when they meet all the requirements .
If you are motivated by this opportunity , but don't meet all the requirements , contact us anyway!
CDPQ represents la Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and its subsidiaries .