Institutional Portfolio Manager
What is the opportunity?
The role of a PH&N Institutional Portfolio Manager (IPM) is critical in that they are the main liaison between the firm and its institutional clients. In its strictest sense, the role of the IPM is client development, ongoing client service and client retention. To most of our clients, the IPM is truly the face of PH&N Institutional and, as such, the role they represent transcends such a clinical description as the IPM often becomes the trusted advisor to whom clients look upon as a critical component of their own success as a fiduciary. Therefore, in addition to an excellent base of broad investment knowledge, the individuals in this role must possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; they should be very well organized, poised and mature individuals, who engender confidence, exude authority and possess leadership qualities. Our business is based on confidence and trust and it is the role of the IPM to be the best guardian possible of both. Click here to learn more about PH&N Institutional, a division within RBC Global Asset Management. What will you do?
- Manage a portfolio of institutional clients
- Recommend and execute appropriate investment solutions designed to achieve the objectives of institutional clients, including identifying and developing new solutions and/or products
- Act as principle contact between the client and PH&N Institutional regarding all aspects of investment portfolios, coordinating requests with appropriate areas within the firm as required
- Clearly articulate the firm's products and investment processes to all audiences
- Develop new prospects and profitable business within the marketplace and current client base to expand investment management business
- Through attentive, in-depth understanding of the specific needs of institutional investors, appropriately respond to requests for proposal, delivering exceptional presentations that establish rapport and earn trust
- Act as ambassador for the firm and enhance its marketplace presence by attending industry functions such as speaking or presenting at seminars, publishing articles and other forms of thought leadership What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- University degree, preferably in economics, finance, commerce, mathematics or accounting
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, or equivalent industry designations
- Advanced (10+ years) investment industry experience, preferably in a senior client-facing role
- Registration as an Advising Representative - Portfolio Manager with the different Canadian regulatory authorities
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills in French and English with the ability to effectively communicate complex solutions to diverse audiences
- Ability to travel frequently to meet business needs
- Broad knowledge of the global investment environment, economic trends, and financial markets Nice-to-have
- Thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and trends
- Strong initiative and entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to collaborate with others
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong analytical skills What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and retirement and savings programs
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Challenging work
- Financial strength and strong brand
- A strong and diverse team Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .