- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 18
Content Development Specialist - Financial Planning & Wealth Management
Location: Montreal, QC, CanadaThe Role:
The Content Development Specialist is responsible for all training content, and develops, manages and maintains that content within Moody's Analytics Learning Solutions group, with a particular focus on financial planning and wealth management. This role primarily requires the candidate to author and maintain content and help design innovative eLearning solutions for the retail wealth management side of the Learning Solutions business. Additionally, this person will work closely with the product strategists and sales team as needed as part of the sales process in order to support a rapidly growing business.
Content development includes authoring new content, updating, localizing or revising existing content, and managing and approving the creation of content authored by other internal or external subject matter experts. Content is principally focused on textbook and online learning materials, case scenarios or simulations, assessment questions or any other delivery format Moody's uses. The role supports business initiatives by ensuring that revenue generating products are developed on schedule and with the highest quality standards.
- Author and maintain course content for a portfolio of financial and wealth planning courses.
- Lead the development and maintenance of client-advisor planning scenarios through a practical simulation of the financial planning and wealth management processes.
- Provide subject matter expertise, consulting, recommendations and ideas to support activities with clients.
- Review and QA content authored by other content specialists.
- Assess client needs by providing consultative services and understanding specific challenges faced by their business or industry.
- Manage content development plans, budgets and schedules for new courses and for updates and revisions to existing courses.
- Monitor the industry and the competitive landscape for information required to update course content and ensure content remains accurate and relevant.
- Work closely with internal and/or external partners to schedule course updates and revisions.
- Provide academic and course support services to students to create a value-added learning experience.
Moody's Analytics, a division of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), is the world's leading provider of credit analysis and related tools, including quantitative credit risk models, credit analysis software, portfolio management analytics, economic research, financial data, pricing and valuation services, and specialized consulting services. Moody's Analytics also distributes investor-oriented research and data developed by Moody's Investors Service as part of its rating process, including in-depth research on major debt issuers, industry studies, and commentary on topical events. The Moody's Analytics Learning Solutions business in Canada operates as the Canadian Securities Institute, the leading provider in Canada of financial learning, credentials and certification.
- Undergraduate degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) required, preferably in business or commerce.
- Possess a financial planning designation, such as PFP, CFP or Fin.Pl preferred.
- Graduate/second-level degree (e.g., MBA, Master's) is an asset.
- 5+ years' experience working in a financial advisory capacity with client relationship experience in financial planning or wealth management functional areas (exposure to advising high net worth clients an asset).
- Previous involvement in overseeing, developing educational training or delivering eLearning training is an asset.
- Strong consulting capabilities with the ability to effectively interface with senior officers and key stakeholders.
- A solid team orientation, with demonstrated capacity to both influence direction and accept sound input, all with the goal of arriving at world-class training solutions.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in English (French and other languages as assets).
- Must be self-motivated, have a high level of initiative, be results and detail-oriented and strive for excellence.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities, often independently to achieve goals and objectives.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Familiarity or experience with eLearning platforms and content management systems is an asset.
- Comfort level working with technology and in collaboration with technology specialists in an eLearning setting.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.