- São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 18
VP, Senior Analyst
Location: São Paulo, Sao Paulo, BrazilWe have an opportunity for a Vice President, Senior Analyst in the Moody's Latin America Banking team to manage a diverse portfolio of banks mainly based in Brazil, as well as in other systems in Latin America.
In this role, the VP-SA will be responsible for insightful credit analysis, rating accuracy through the ongoing monitoring of a portfolio, and responding to issuer and investor inquiries. The candidate will also hold back-up responsibilities for issuers in Brazil and in other banking systems in the region. This opportunity involves developing an in-depth knowledge of the Brazilian financial system and its institutions, and writing thought-leading research on banks, on system-specific issues and trends, regulations, and market developments. As part of the rating process, the candidate will be expected to manage effective interaction with investors and issuers alike in a professional and efficient manner.
The VP-SA will also be expected to participate as a speaker in Moody's and third party conferences and roundtables, and to play a pivotal role in raising the profile of the team and developing Moody's banking franchise in Brazil..
- Become a recognized authority on the assigned banks and non-bank financial institutions and the Brazilian banking and regulatory framework and dynamics, as well as demonstrate familiarity with regional peers
- Develop detailed understanding of, and ability to apply the Banks methodology
- Take thought leadership initiatives to enhance analytics and the impact of high quality research
- Build and maintain high quality relationships with Senior Management and Investor Relations officers at respective portfolio of financial institutions
- Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit trends, specific issuers or banking system as a whole
- Perform and present in-depth fundamental credit analysis effectively and comprehensively on a regular basis at rating committees
- Participate in the rating committees of other analysts within the team as well as in those of other countries within Global Banking
- Undertake new issuer rating processes adhering to required time frames
- Develop Moody's presence in outreach initiatives, including participation in conferences and round tables and interaction with media
- Coach, mentor and help to facilitate the development of junior analysts
- Adhere to Moody's policies and best practices, to Code of Business Conduct and Compliance to Policies and processes
The team includes Analysts in Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Mexico City. The team interacts with all Global Banking teams and reports to the MD for Americas Banking.
- Substantial credit/risk assessment experience gained from a rating agency, financial institution, asset management or public accounting firm, or proven equivalent
- In-depth understanding of Brazilian bank and non-bank financial institutions and their regulatory environment
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing with some public speaking experience
- Quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Excellent academic background
- Demonstrated ability to ensure ongoing self-development through training courses and assimilation of performance related feedback
- MBA/CFA professional qualification would be highly beneficial
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Fluency in English and Spanish is essential
- Willingness to travel across Latin America
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.