My client is a leading and rapidly growing long-term insurer offering reinsurance on fixed-rate annuity contracts, seeks a dynamic and proactive individual to join the reinsurance transaction team. Focusing on flow and block transactions, this position will be part of the Marketing Department and be responsible for managing the current client base as well as assisting in new business opportunities.
* Serve as primary contact for management of third-party reinsurance clients, including ongoing discussions on industry trends, new and existing products, rate management, rate setting and other new business opportunities;
* Analyze industry data on current products to improve decision making for monthly rate setting, as well as building business cases for new products;
* Ensure consistency in the management of all clients;
* Work with other members of the Marketing Department, Legal Department and Transaction Management to engage potential clients on adding value through reinsurance and identifying new business opportunities for the company;
* Research new reinsurance solutions which meet the company's target profile, provide an assessment of the actuarial and economic risks and present those solutions to senior management operating committee;
* Support marketing team efforts including participating in meetings with potential clients in order to understand client needs and discuss potential value-added reinsurance solutions;
* Coordination of cedent discussions and monthly processes between the company reinsurance entities;
* Assist with managing and prioritizing the pipeline of current opportunities, while working with the actuarial pricing team to deliver quotes;
* Serve as the execution lead to close as well as integrate new transactions working with the Transaction Manager;
* Participate in negotiating reinsurance contracts with the Legal Department and Transaction Management;
* Analyze and critique client company pricing assumptions and methodologies.
* Credentials and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in mathematics, actuarial science or other related business field;
* 6+ years' experience working in life insurance industry, with significant experience in fixed rate and indexed annuities;
* Knowledge of U.S. capital, finance or tax regulations and reinsurance;
* Experience interacting with internal senior management, directors and client company management;
* Excellent oral and written English language skills.
Charles Levick Limited are a leading global financial recruiter providing innovative solutions across Capital Markets, Financial and Professional Services organisations. Founded in 2008, Charles Levick is privately owned and operates from offices based within the City of London and New York.
A truly independent company with a global reach, we pride ourselves on delivering honest and intelligent guidance developing long term sustainable relationships. Our breadth of expertise and services allow us to deliver solutions across our sectors ranging from junior analyst through to C-Suite requisitions, all delivered with exceptional levels of attention to detail and service that have helped us to grow into the organisation we are today.
We have managed to build an enviable reputation partnering a diverse range of large and small organisations initially within London, but now globally, actively supporting clients across Europe, Asia and the US. With decades of experience, we have been able to develop a substantial knowledge of our markets as well as building loyal relationships with our clients and candidates.
Our business is devised of 5 core areas of specialisation: