Senior Consultant/Manager Data Analytics and Visualization
- Zaventem, Flemish Region, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Senior Consultant/Manager Data Analytics and Visualization - (18000019)
About the team
This is your opportunity to join our Deloitte's Financial Advisory team and to lead Data Analytics and Visualization assignments in the context of Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A).
Our M&A team provides clients with dedicated support for a (potential) transaction. Typically, this involves the investigation of the target from a variety of perspectives to ensure significant value items, risks and other matters that have been identified and considered by our client and assisting them in making an informed decision regarding the transaction.
Our core services include acquisition due diligence, vendor due diligence, pre-deal M&A support, bid defence and support, etc. We work within a wider deal team which accesses the firm's vast range of specialist expertise including commercial and operational due diligence, sale and purchase agreement negotiation, real estate, treasury, pensions, modelling, fund placement, merger integration, IT and business intelligence.
We are currently developing our M&A Data Analytics Centre of Excellence and therefore we are seeking an experienced Data Analytics & Visualization Manager or Senior Consultant, to lead this initiative. This role is critical with respect to providing analytically focused Financial due diligence and M&A transaction support to our clients and is pivotal in shaping the visualisation capabilities of Deloitte's M&A teams. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to bridge the gap between visualisation and financial analysis expertise.
Your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Manipulate large data sets to provide compelling, value add outputs
- Develop static & interactive data visualizations to communicate business insights to clients
- Build visualizations and supporting analysis of historical trading, quality of earnings, working capital, cash flow, etc.
- Designing processes to collect or extract data, store and transform this into consistent data sets and use this to design and create engaging output
- Collaborate extensively with Deloitte engagement teams and clients
- Clearly and effectively communicate requirements, timelines and insights to both internal Deloitte team members, as well as clients
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Working knowledge of Tableau Desktop; Knowledge of any other BI tools is an asset
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL /TSQL
- Ability to ETL client data to facilitate analysis / visualisation
- Ability to manage, analyse and present findings from large volumes of data
- Previous relevant work experience, with a focus on data analytics
- Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams, including training (formal and on-the-job).
- Fluency in English and French or Dutch
- Master degree or equivalent by experience
At Deloitte, we hire potential. We know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
- You will receive an attractive and competitive remuneration package with fringe benefits
- You will be regarded as a key specialist within the organization, where your advice and output is considered as real added value by your colleagues and clients
- You will be part of a high performance M&A Corporate Finance team of 100 Consultants and Partners
- You will work in a company, deeply committed to your personal development, offering clear career growth opportunities and continuous learning programmes
- You will have the possibility to quickly develop your leadership skills, and be given the opportunity to coach and nurture your colleagues who are ambitious, highly educated and have great team spirit
- You will often work in multidisciplinary and international teams on projects where you have a genuine impact on a client situation
- You will work in the new Deloitte headquarters on the Brussels Airport runway (Zaventem). We also facilitate a flexible way of working, through 14 regional offices and opportunities for working from home.