Experienced Junior / Senior Consultant Transfer Pricing
- Zaventem, Flemish Region, Belgium Zaventem Flemish Region BE
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
Experienced Junior / Senior Consultant Transfer Pricing - (170000H6)
Deloitte is one of the leading companies in the world providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. Our national offices offer services to multi-national and large organizations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a whole range of small and large companies.
Deloitte Belgium's transfer pricing team is now looking for experienced transfer pricing professionals with 4 to 6 years of relevant experience.
So what is transfer pricing then?
TP is about supporting the arm's length (market oriented) character of prices applied on (mainly) cross-border transactions between affiliated companies or between a company and its foreign branch. Such transactions could involve goods, intangibles, and/or services (including financial transactions).
Why is transfer pricing now such a hot issue?
International trade has risen quickly over the last decennia and cross-border trade by multinational enterprises (MNEs) accounts for much of this growth. Tax authorities - and the OECD in a larger context - are concerned that multinationals set their related party transfer prices in a way that may shift profits out of their country. This has resulted in a need to MNEs to have defendable and coherent transfer pricing (TP) policies, not only in going concern situations, but also, and more critically, at important moments in the life of a group, like reorganizations or acquisitions.
Transfer pricing at Deloitte
Deloitte global has been named the best global transfer pricing team on numerous occasions, with presence in all major economies. In Belgium, the team consists of individuals of different nationalities and educational backgrounds.The practice is headed by Patrick Cauwenbergh, André Schaffers and Jeroen Lemmens who also assume important international roles. Deloitte has been selected many times by "Euromoney" and "European CEO" as the Best Transfer Pricing Team / Best Transfer Pricing Advisor since 2005.
SENIOR TRANSFER PRICING
- Assist and advise clients regarding transfer pricing matters in the framework of audits, advanced pricing agreements, documentation, and planning projects.
- Working in client teams where you report to (senior) managers, directors and/or partners, and are responsible for delegating work to the more junior members of the team.
- Work on a varied portfolio of projects for clients in various industries, starting from (assisting in) the development of the best-suited services proposal to the preparation of the final deliverables.
- Constant focus on timely delivery of reports and analyses and on-going project management.
- Assist in developing and planning the best transfer pricing approaches and solutions to the clients, including data gathering, comparable searches, and various financial and statistical analysis.
- (Co-) responsible for the appropriate presentation and delivery of final results in the form of a transfer pricing report, adhering to Deloitte's high professional standards.
- Actively participate in client meetings and maintain communications with clients in order to develop your client relationships and market knowledge.
- Assist in various business development opportunities and project pursuits.
- Coach, mentor and supervise more junior team members, assess their performance for regular internal reviews and assist in setting their career goals, thus play an important role in the further development of the practice.
- Participate in various research, training and practice development projects undertaken by the national team or at an international level.
- Be mainly active in our office in Ghent, although cross-office projects which require your presence at other locations may occur
- Integrate within a young and dynamic department, building up a network of relationships with colleagues in your office and around the Deloitte network.
- University degree in economics, law or econometrics.
- 4 to 6 years of relevant experience in a consulting or international (business) environment.
- Eager to learn and willing to further develop in tax or economics fields.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and presentation skills, team player with ability to work on / manage multiple projects and assignments at the same time.
- Fluent in Dutch and English. Proficiency in French is a plus;
- A young, dynamic and international working environment.
- Opportunities to grow together with the organization.
- Outstanding and continuous learning.
- A competitive remuneration package.
Don't hesitate and upload your CV and motivation letter in a few easy steps