Cyber Security Director for European Institutions
- Zaventem, Flemish Region, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Cyber Security Director for European Institutions - (170000UF)
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing management consulting, accounting and auditing services, but also legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Risk Advisory practice (part of the Consulting and Advisory business) is a global leader in helping clients manage risk and uncertainty from the boardroom to the network. We provide a broad array of services that allow our clients around the world to better measure, manage and control risk to enhance the reliability of systems and processes throughout their organization.
In response to the rapid growth in both the sophistication and intensity of cyber threats, it has become apparent that static defensive measures, while remaining important, are no longer sufficient. A set of analytical techniques is emerging to pre-empt and counter attacks using previously unknown methods, often remaining passive within systems until activated. This has produced a market which is changing quickly as technologies mature.
- Being comfortable developing the European Institutions market for Cyber Security services, primarily across European Commission DGs, European Parliament and European Agencies, through the development of effective client relationships and championing the Deloitte cyber risk services
- Project focus on European Institutions clients, from sales and marketing through to defining key functional processes
- Understanding and anticipating client needs based on a strong understanding of European Institutions specific requirements
- Delivering a portfolio of cyber-related engagements across our business, including effective people management on client engagements and working seamlessly and collaboratively with colleagues in other parts of the organisation and globe
- Having a broad perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; having a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Contributing to the development of the Deloitte services for European Institutions by identifying opportunities for improving the value our services provide to clients and the efficiency of our go to market activity
- Capturing and enhancing intellectual property and know "know how" through engagements with clients and your awareness of the digital marketplace
- Leading the development and implementation of existing and new market propositions across cyber risk services, collaborating closely with appropriate colleagues throughout the organisation
- Attracting world-class talent to Deloitte and further develop and mentor our people
- Contributing to the latest thought-leadership and industry research relating to cyber security and organisational and technical resilience and response management to cyber issues
- As a cyber security professional you will help our clients - European Institutions - to address the increasing set of cyber security challenges that are persistent at their level;
- You will interact and work together with teams of experts, with European officials, researchers and with complex teams in understanding the EU-level cyber threat landscape, in assessing the maturity of the current cyber security capabilities and defining a strategy to help the relevant stakeholders at the level of EU Member States to achieve the right level of cyber resilience.
- Extensive cyber security experience either within the Public Sector or, ideally within a major consultancy/professional services firm with Public Sector clients. Prior experience with European Institutions, national-level cyber security actors, national or governmental CERTs/CSIRTs is a major plus;
- Broad range of cyber security experience though with a distinct specialism in at least one area, e.g. cyber strategy, security target operating models, security transformation programmes, security change initiatives, security technologies (such as information protection, firewall rule set review, network segregation etc), privacy, security standards such as ISF, ISO, SANS etc.
- You will likely hold certifications such as CCP, CISSP, CISM, CCNP, CIPP/E preferred
- As a cyber security professional you have the necessary knowledge of current best practices combined with out-of-the-box thinking to help our European Institutions clients addressing the cyber security challenges that are relevant at European level;
- You obtained several years of experience in cyber security in a high profile environment, implying experience with international organisations and with public sector cyber security actors;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the latest EU-level and international level cyber security developments, actors and trends is mandatory;
- A good understanding of the key cyber security policy and regulatory elements applicable at European level or at the level of EU Member States is expected;
- Excellent commercial awareness and business acumen, including specifically a good understanding of cyber risk to both business processes and supporting technology
- You will have great interpersonal skills and experience of developing effective, long-lasting client relationships, either as a consultant or demonstration of significant influencing abilities within an organisation and demonstrable ability to solve complex problems objectively, using an appropriate combination of analysis, experience and judgement
- Delivery of high quality complex projects including effective programme, project, financial and people management
- Ability to take complex analysis and to present and communicate it in a concise and clear manner, appropriately tailored to people from a very wide range of cultures, technical backgrounds and seniorities
- Self-confidence/enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities
- Existing security clearance or willingness to undergo vetting procedures
- You have fluent language skills (English is mandatory) and preferably also Dutch or French) and you are a real team player.
- The opportunity to join the global leader in Cyber Risk Services;
- A challenging, innovating environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- A people focused culture of continuous learning and coaching;
- An attractive and competitive salary package with fringe benefits;
- Real career opportunities.