- Based on level and experience
- Zaventem, Flemish Region, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- Full time
- Zaventem, Flemish Region, Belgium
- 16 Sep 18
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies.
Organisations with operations in multiple jurisdictions face tremendous challenges in keeping pace with each jurisdiction’s tax and accounting laws. For this reason, they often turn to Deloitte for global and local tax outsourcing of direct and indirect tax compliance, as well as statutory accounting and report processing. With shared services and data management skills, our Global Tax Centre, which is based in Brussels, can support local, near shore and offshore compliance activities, covering 33 countries. The Compliance Centre covers all compliance related activities, also assisting in special situations, such as post-merger integration, shared services centres creation, Pan European process, procedures and risk reviews which require substantial system, process and technology support in addition to the potential outsourcing of tax compliance.
Addressing the challenges of enterprises active in multiple European countries, our European Accounting & Corporate Tax services team (E-ACTS) - as part of the Deloitte Global Tax Centre (Europe) - offers a centralised accounting team of professionals with localised expertise, along with proven processes. Our compliance team manages complex financial, taxation and business reporting and provides succinct and proactive advice to businesses without a local financial controller.
As Business Controller you provide internal support to the business in their day to day operations. Your will be responsible for:
- Assist client teams to manage financials on large/complex projects
- Ensure a timely and correct invoicing of our services
- Proactive management of receivables (credit collection)
- Monitoring of core and additional services: WIP management & profitability analysis,…
- Prepare qualitative reporting to the Partners/Directors and Managers on: billing, receivables, outstanding work in progress, supported by variance analysis;
- Continuous improvement mindset: advise on best practices in relation to billing, credit collection and WIP management, to help improve our practice performance;
- Set up and management of an administration team in India responsible for billing, inter-firm agreements, credit collection…
- Provide first line support on the implementation of new systems and processes;
- Provide first line support to our business lines and functional support to local (decentral) invoice administrators
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience in a controlling function and are passionate about IT OR you have experience in an IT function and are passionate about controlling
- Good knowledge of English and Dutch or French is a must
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Experience in SAP or another ERP system is a prerequisite
- Good knowledge of MS office applications
- Project Management skills are an asset
- You can work in group, as well as autonomous
- You show good organisation and communication skills
- You have a positive and can-do attitude
- A dynamic working environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- The opportunity of being part of an worldwide multidisciplinary network, where training of staff is key;
- An interesting compensation package, including a company car and a number of fringe benefits;
- Real opportunities for growth and promotions.